Poll

(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tPfFNGABL._SL125_.jpg) Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft

:star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:
9 (100%)
:star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  
0 (0%)
:star:  :star:  :star:
0 (0%)
:star:  :star:  
0 (0%)
:star:  
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

"Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men" L.Bancroft

• 17 Replies

moondance

I finally read this book after seeing ti recommended on this site many times. What an eye-opener! This website has helped me begin to come Out of the FOG but Bancroft's book has been like a giant flashlight showing me the way and illuminating my whole almost 30 year marriage.  I have often said that things really got bad with my H about 4 or 5 years ago, but after reading this book I realize that I've been suffering abuse for nearly our whole relationship. I always wondered why our r/s seemed so hard, so complicated, why I felt so angry and frustrated when dealing with him.  I would ask my Mom for advice because she and my Dad has such a great marriage, I tried to apply advice from our minister, from self-help books; nothing ever seemed to work.  Now I know why. This book cleared up so many questions I had and validated my experiences like nothing else ever has. I found myself highlighting and making stars and exclamation points in the margins as I found point after point that hit home with me.  If you are on this website for help then you NEED to read this book!

Penguincat

Just read it, along with the Daily Wisdom from Why Does He Do That? Both are great and illuminating....if a bit depressing. Sad for me to see how difficult/impossible it is for them to change, especially if they don't even recognize there's a problem. My husband is also a Demands Man, fits the description perfectly.

lifeline

As a note, I have been in DV counseling for a couple months now, and my counselor gives me photocopied chapters from this book each visit to read before my next visit.  So I must say it is such a good book that DV assistance programs use it to help their clients.

Indeed, it is good reading.
"Only I can change my life.  No one can do it for me."
-Carol Burnette