"You're Not Crazy - It's Your Mother" by Danu Morrigan

Started by pastelfawn, December 17, 2013, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastelfawn

You're Not Crazy - It's Your Mother understanding and healing for daughters of narcissistic mothers by Danu Morrigan is one of the only books to have me in tears from the first page. She talks about her struggle with her mother growing up and how she made the hard decision to cut her mother out of her life for good. It inspires me to feel that I don't have to put up with the abuse I get and that the way I've been treated isn't right. It's wonderful to feel that you're not alone in your struggle with a PD parent. And although I'm not so sure about her tapping techniques, the book struck a chord with me and continues to be of comfort to me during my ongoing struggling with my narcissistic mother. I definitely recommend it to other daughters of narcissistic mothers. You're not alone.

GettingVeryWeary

I just finished reading this book.  Although the author had an Ignoring mother and I have an Engulfing, I too saw so much of myself in there.
Did you try any other the EFT? It was late when I got to that point and I skimmed it.  Seemed a little weird with the tapping.

Klarity Belle

Sounds like a very helpful book for those recovering from relationship with a pd mother. I have met a lot of people who swear by EFT as an effective way of reducing anxiety and stress, I never stuck with it myself though, practicing Mindfulness works well enough for me.

Myohmy

I also found this book very helpful and useful and can highly recommend it.  The tapping sounded weird to me but I do use it occasionally and it's a way of calming down--a form of auto=hypnosis, perhaps.

LittleStar

This is another book I read over a year ago when I first started to realize how the relationship with my mother wasn't normal but toxic. Interesting that i would never thought I would go NC with my uNPDm when I read this book but after a year of LC, I finally did (It's been a month now). It's a helpful book but I also skipped the tapping.
"Awareness is the first step in healing." - Dean Ornish

Unsent letter http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=70583.0