"The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships," Patrick Carnes

Started by Oneness, September 17, 2015, 07:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneness

I finally read this amazing book! In a day and a half (if even that). I just could not put it down! It covers so much, from how a trauma/betrayal bond is formed, to different kinds of betrayals (family, clergy, parents, significant others), to how to heal from them. He gives you work to do in the book, to aid you in healing. It is a MUST READ for everyone, chosen and unchosen, on the forum! I am going to read it again...and do the exercises he gives in the book.

What I found most interesting was...I realized that my exSO was trauma bonded to me as well. Those are the only kind of bonds he knows, having grown up the SG of his unPD mother. He is stuck in the cycle of forever recreating the trauma in his relationships that he was raised to feel as "normal."

His writing is so clear, so informative, and easy to read...and still amazing in the wealth of insight and useful tools he provides.

READ THIS BOOK!!!!!
It's better to love and lost, then to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.

If your presence can't add value to my life, your absence will make no difference.