Random Thoughts

• 11 Replies

AmericanWoman

Random Thoughts
« on: October 24, 2016, 02:08:30 PM »

I found a paperclip
Praise Jesus and pass the ammo, lock and load.

American by birth
Christian by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

UDC member
www.hqudc.org

AmericanWoman

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
7 inches of snow 7 inches of snow!!!!!!   :banana:
Praise Jesus and pass the ammo, lock and load.

American by birth
Christian by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

UDC member
www.hqudc.org

Is This Normal

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 09:02:51 PM »
Ha! I went to a message board that had a thread titled, "I want to be underwhelmed." People shared random things, much of it very mundane. And strangely comforting.

I am eating a slice of bread & butter & hoping it's not got cat hair on it. There was a flurry of same earlier in the couch area.

-ITN-

TooLongInWA

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »
I got really sick on the last day of my business trip.  :stars:   I blame my kids... being the walking germ factories that they are.  Positive thought for the day... I got sick on the LAST day of my trip, not the first.  :)
"Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too."    Will Smith

lifeline

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 07:50:28 AM »
Random Thought:  Courtyard.

Yeah, I'd like to have a courtyard someday, my roots are close to Roman, a courtyard would feel homey!

*shrug*
is what it is I guess! :)

LeeJane

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 08:07:14 AM »
I really like my curly hair. I straightened it and fought nature for decades. Now I love it.

Acceptance.

blacksheep7

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 09:10:23 AM »
LeeJane   you hit home with having curly hair and straightening it and curling irons weren't even available in my teens.   I bought my first one in 1974 $30.00.  That was a lot of money back then.   I like my curly hair too! 

Nice to hear that you are doing well.

LeeJane

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »
LeeJane   you hit home with having curly hair and straightening it and curling irons weren't even available in my teens.   I bought my first one in 1974 $30.00.  That was a lot of money back then.   I like my curly hair too! 

Nice to hear that you are doing well.

Your post made me smile, BlackSheep. Sending curly hugs to you. I use a difuser now to enhance my curl rather than straighteners to hide it.

Go, us. 👍

Is This Normal

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
Speaking of hair, I quit fighting the cowlick on my forehead. Turns out, it was right, as it highlights my widow's peak.

Hmmm. How many other things am I fighting unnecessarily?

-ITN-

lifeline

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
LOL I love the hair talk.

I am particular about my hair, no product, no heat, no torture.  I have one type of shampoo and conditioner I stick to, I do condition all the way to the scalp, inadvisable but it works for me.

I did however spend many years tolling over curling my bone straight hair.  It never lasted more than 45minutes no matter how much I loaded it up with hairspray (Stay away from open flames!)

So for all you ladies with luscious curls, I'm ... whats the hip word now... Jelly, right? lol 

I finally gave in and I usually do nothing but run a brush through. 

TooLongInWA

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »
I have a cowlick too... got it from my dad.  DD happily did not get it, my DH has two of them and they look super cute on him.  Mine is so bad there's not a lot I can do about it, so I have accepted it too, though it drives me bonkers sometimes.   ;D
"Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too."    Will Smith

DizzyKin

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 10:48:39 AM »
Hair talk! :D My hair is awful, pretty much the worst you've ever seen. But after DD and seeing her beautiful ringlet locks it's given me a new found appreciation for my own wavy, messy mop. I try to accentuate the waves now rather than straighten, too.