Can't log in or reset password

• 17 Replies

serenitysoon

Can't log in or reset password
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »
Hi,

I've had to set up a new user name for this forum because my password isn't working (or I've forgotten, but I'm pretty sure its right). Also, I typed in my email to reset my password but there is no email coming through (I checked Spam folder). Is there a site administrator that can help? I'd like to keep using my old profile and I'm also a little concerned as to why my password isn't working and I'm not getting an email.

Thanks!

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • Says who? Really says who? Question everything.
    • FOG vs Love
Re: Can't log in or reset password
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:11:50 PM »
Thanks for letting us know and we will try to help. Sent it to the team to check out for you.

Just to check is admin@outofthefog.net in your address book or accepted recipients?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:25:52 PM by Spring Butterfly »
Each and every contact with a PD person results in damage. Plan accordingly and make time to heal. See Toolbox for tips. "The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause." Mark Twain

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »
Hi there!

I just responded to your email - please let us know if that doesn't work!

moglow
“Nothing exposes our true self more than how we treat each other in the home.”  ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

serenitysoon

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
Hi there!

I just responded to your email - please let us know if that doesn't work!

moglow

Thanks moglow, but I still don't see an email reply? Can I message you the email account I'm using or did you reply directly to my message?

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
I replied to your email.
“Nothing exposes our true self more than how we treat each other in the home.”  ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

dazedandconfused60

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »
I replied to your email.

Hi,

I have tried to log in again to this serenitysoon account and the same thing is happening, it won't log me in with the password I know I signed up with and no emails are coming through, so I've now set up 2 other accounts with 2 different email accounts and after setting up the accounts I logged out of OOTF and enter the correct password to get back in and it says my password is wrong! The caps is not on and I'm not having this problem with my other website that require passwords.

Please help! I miss posting here and I have to log out and erase my browser history each time, but then I can't log back in and the retrieve email is not working (I've checked spam, junk, inbox).

I was concerned that someone was messing with my computer, but I have tried now on other computers and I'm having the same problem.

I will stay logged in here as long as I can today if you reply, but otherwise I will have to log out and set up a new account and check back in with this post.

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
    • FOG vs Love
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:49:27 PM »
I'm online and see you're here. Can you pm me?
Each and every contact with a PD person results in damage. Plan accordingly and make time to heal. See Toolbox for tips. "The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause." Mark Twain

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 12:50:30 PM »
I'm not clear why you have to set up additional accounts?  We are having some issues with our email and are trying to resolve them.  Let us try again to get you up and running with one account - please don't set up more!

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

dazedandconfused60

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:05 PM »
I'm online and see you're here. Can you pm me?

Yes, I will right now. thanks!

dazedandconfused60

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
I'm not clear why you have to set up additional accounts?  We are having some issues with our email and are trying to resolve them.  Let us try again to get you up and running with one account - please don't set up more!

Thanks, It is a vicious cycle with my passwords not working, so I click the send email button but no emails arrive, so I have no way of logging in, the only way to post is to set up a new email and new account. I will stay logged in here today to try to resolve it but I have to log out and erase my history this evening. thanks for the help!

photoday32

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
Got the old profile working again, thank you! I've logged in and out several times and its working fine. thank you!

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
    • FOG vs Love
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »
Most welcome. See you on the boards!

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 05:40:07 AM »
i think the bug that was causing the hiccup about not getting notifications may have been fixed on the simple machines (our platform) end.  thank you again for your patience with the system and your willingness to communicate the problems you all were experiencing.

photoday32

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
I don't know what is going on, but my password didn't work again today. I entered my email address and was asked if I wanted to receive and email or change using my secret question and I chose the question and have changed my password again so I can log in...does anyone know what is happening? Why my password would not be working? I'm having to change it each time I log in and its starting to worry me about the security of my account.

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
    • FOG vs Love
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »
Did you enter the new password you were given or the old one?

VeryUncertain

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »
i think the bug that was causing the hiccup about not getting notifications may have been fixed on the simple machines (our platform) end.  thank you again for your patience with the system and your willingness to communicate the problems you all were experiencing.

I haven't been getting notifications regarding PMs and forum messages.  This happened yesterday and today. 2/14/17

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »

Quote from: VeryUncertain
I haven't been getting notifications regarding PMs and forum messages.  This happened yesterday and today. 2/14/17
Thanks for letting us know - we are having some issues with our email and are trying to track down where it's dropping off so we can resolve them.  Some notifications seem to be going through, others are not. 
Note:  Password reset/email changes continue to be a problem - the auto responders are not working at all that I can see.  PLEASE notify the admin/moderators via "report to moderator" if you're having those problems so we can address them individually.

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 08:38:17 AM »
i got a flurry of PM notifications in my email this morning.

for those of you accessing the site on your phone, do you need some tips on how to check for PMs there? i only ask because someone had to show me :angel: