Newly aware

• 2 Replies

JasperB

Newly aware
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:10:35 AM »
Hi! I am seeking a community to find support and sharing. I am now aware that I am dealing with a person with a personality disorder as far as it is described here of borderline personality disorder. I thought for years it was manic depression. Others suggested schizophrenia, but it is not that severe really. I'm a mother of an afflicted adult child. It has been many years of emotional upheavals. I am not able to be as candid as I would like here as I read and appreciate the cautions discussed. But I just want to find others out there who understand. Narcissistic personality disorder has been another person's observation, but really I think it is BPD. I was completely reviled today by this person and I feel like this :stars:

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • Says who? Really says who? Question everything.
    • FOG vs Love
Re: Newly aware
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »
Warm welcome and please know you're not alone. Hopefully you find the community forum and website tools as supportive in your journey as they have been to me.

There is a board for Parents Discussion where you will find other dealing with similar circumstances. If you havent seen the Toolbox it's a great place for healing and coping tools.
Each and every contact with a PD person results in damage. Plan accordingly and make time to heal. See Toolbox for tips.

coyote

• Global Moderator
Re: Newly aware
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »
Jasper,
We understand the feeling of being reviled by a PD. It can be so demeaning and must even be harder to take from a child we have provided everything for. Yes look at the Parent's Discussion board. Also please take time to study the Toolbox. Look at how to set Boundaries with Logical consequences. Look at how not to JADE, avoid Circular Conversations, and the 3C's. You can start there but there is so much more to learn.

You will find a lot of support here as well as be able to learn what has worked for others. Wishing you strength and peace in this journey.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

“The only person educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”  Carl Rogers

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow