When did you reach the "enough is enough" point?

• 42 Replies

blues_cruise

Re: When did you reach the "enough is enough" point?
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:36:46 AM »
I grew up being the scapegoat then had a few years in my early to late 20s where I got golden child privileges (i.e. less abuse) for looking after his dog when he needed me to. It then reached a point though where my circumstances changed and it was no longer convenient and as a result he had a tantrum and started giving me regular silent treatment, which he then twisted round to be my fault. I ended up in a terrible place mentally as I started to confront past horrors for the first time and realised that the latest incident was really just death of the 'relationship' from the thousandth cut. I was done pretending that the relationship could be anything other than one sided in his favour and wanted to find out who I really was and learn to like myself. I couldn't respect or like myself while pandering to the whims of someone who treated me the way he did.
"You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to become." - Carl Gustav Jung

Shell92127

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 05:05:58 PM »
I grew up being the scapegoat then had a few years in my early to late 20s where I got golden child privileges (i.e. less abuse) for looking after his dog when he needed me to. It then reached a point though where my circumstances changed and it was no longer convenient and as a result he had a tantrum and started giving me regular silent treatment, which he then twisted round to be my fault. I ended up in a terrible place mentally as I started to confront past horrors for the first time and realised that the latest incident was really just death of the 'relationship' from the thousandth cut. I was done pretending that the relationship could be anything other than one sided in his favour and wanted to find out who I really was and learn to like myself. I couldn't respect or like myself while pandering to the whims of someone who treated me the way he did.

bluescruise says it so well---"the death of the relationship from the thousandth cut". Yeah that aptly describes my "enough is enough" moment. I have posted about it on other threads. My ex bf and I were 100 miles from my home in my car for a medical appointment for HIM when he flew into a rage over a simple comment I made about my preference about not staying overnight in a hotel up there but instead driving back to my house after his appointment. We were in a shopping center parking lot and several people came over to make sure I was all right.
He totally lost it and terrified me. I think something shifted in me that time and I knew that was the end.

rainbowdash

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2017, 10:49:16 AM »
Mine was when my uNPD brother kicked me out of our joint company and then turned around and said I was throwing him under the bus when I left. When I told my inverted uNPD dad about my concerns that brother is kicking me out, his first statement was "Can you do something to take the company for yourself and leave him out?" When I was appalled and said "I would never do that", he asked "So, can you do something so that the business dies?" WTF??? What father says this about their children's business.