Closure...I think

• 4 Replies

Frazzled

Closure...I think
« on: March 15, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
I recently found out that my uBPD ex-"friend" returned to his home state for therapy, at the behest of his family there, so I can stop worrying about crossing paths with him. He also confessed to my MIL that he was behind the prank voicemails. My husband and I changed our numbers, so if he was still sending those messages they wouldn't get to us. I hope the ex-"friend" is getting DBT, though I am not counting on it seeing how resistant he was to admitting his BPD issues. But at least I have some closure. It's about 10 years late, but it's closure.

Bloomie

• Global Moderator
Re: Closure...I think
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:22 AM »
Frazzled - what good news that your exfriend is getting some help and that you will not have to cross paths with him again when out and about. It is so rare to get closure of any kind that my hope is this brings you some well deserved relief.
Bloomie 🌸
"When there is no enemy within, the enemies without cannot hurt you." African Proverb
The 3 C's Rule: "I didn't Cause it, I can't Cure it, and...I can't Control it." http://outofthefog.website/what-to-do-2/2015/12/3/the-3-cs-rule

Frazzled

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:10:33 PM »
Thank you, Bloomie.

clara

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:05 AM »
I know how you feel, Frazzled.  I live in fear of running into my uNPD/BPD ex-friend because I know from things he's said in the past that he's capable of being destructive towards people who call him on his behavior or he believes are somehow "on to" him.  He's done physical damage to things like cars, and he's tried to do financial damage to people he's worked with by making outrageous claims about how they were embezzling from the office etc.  I went NC with no explanation, knowing how poorly he can react to any type of confrontation or what he perceives as confrontation.  I know he wants to move out of state because he mentioned it with increasing frequency the last few times I saw him, and I keep hoping that time comes soon!

Frazzled

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 10:42:04 PM »
My ex-friend also still wants to rekindle our friendship. You can't rekindle what never existed to begin with.