State of Mind

• 20 Replies

Zebrastriped

Re: State of Mind
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 07:21:38 AM »
Practical, wow, that's alot of venom in a letter.  Its amazing that you are so calm about it.  I wish you pretty flowers and happily chirping birds in your healing place.

practical

• Host Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 06:24:31 AM »
Practical, wow, that's alot of venom in a letter.
Venom, that word describes it perfectly.  I don't know why it hadn't clicked in my brain before I saw this word, it is the word F would use to describe M when she was in a rage about her kids, about him - her enabler and abuser -, and it is what he does himself, and has done for a long time, only in the past it was directed outside the family usually.
If Im not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Im only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when? (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

Fightsong

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »
Practical, wow, that's alot of venom in a letter.
Venom, that word describes it perfectly.  I don't know why it hadn't clicked in my brain before I saw this word,

first time my T used the word venom, I felt like that, sort of A-Ha! yes pecisely. Venom.

Fightsong

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
i see im still not quite getting the quote things right. thanks for baring with.......!

Bloomie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
Fightsong... popping in to offer this link to a tutorial that has "visuals" to use the quote feature - which have been a big help for me..

http://outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=3153.0

Thanks Practical for letting me crash your thread with this!  :wave:
Bloomie 🌸
"Some people really don't get it, that we matter as much as they do." Moglow
"It takes emotional maturity to maintain decent relationships." Spring Butterfly

practical

• Host Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »
i see im still not quite getting the quote things right. thanks for baring with.......!
There is another way, which I have been using:
When you see a post you want to quote from, there is a blue box in the top right corner of the post saying "Actions" with a drop down menu and you select "Quote" - which as a matter of fact is the only option you have. This will insert the whole text of the post into your post including whom you are quoting. So the thing I do then is delete within the quoted post what I don't want, and make sure whatever I type is either before or after this bracket [quote author Fightsong link=topic=64168.msg568772#msg568772 date=1493134158] or after this bracket [/quote] or my text will end up in the purple box.

Hope this makes sense and we don't have you totally confused now  :bigwink:

Fightsong... popping in to offer this link to a tutorial that has "visuals" to use the quote feature - which have been a big help for me..

http://outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=3153.0

Thanks Practical for letting me crash your thread with this!  :wave:
Well, I learned something, never knew those other ways  :doh:
If Im not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Im only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when? (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)