Should I send a thank you?

• 4 Replies

Adria

Should I send a thank you?
« on: April 12, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »
A few years ago, my son had become severely mentall ill from family dinging at him all the time.  Miracle of miracles, he has totally recovered, even after the doctors were going to put him in an institution for life.  I kept playing around with things, vitamins, hormones, natural stuff.  God is good, we came upon the right combination and he is up and running today like he never skipped a beat.

When all this happened, he was on the other side of the country from us with my creepy FOO.  When one of my cousins came into town, he always looked my son up (no matter how crazy he was) and took him out and was very kind to him.  I haven't seen any of my cousins in 25 years.  I miss all my cousins so much, but as a lot of us can relate, I was the victim of a smear campaign by FOO. 

Anyway,  I'm not on facebook, but felt compelled to see if I could find any of their addresses and pictures on line.  I did find a couple and also the one who was kind to my son.

I feel like I would like to write him a thank you note for his kind gestures.  Do you think that would be appropriate, or would it be better if I remain a mystery?

Foreignwoman

Re: Should I send a thank you?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 07:29:29 PM »
Adria, I totally think that's appropriate. He was so very kind to your son and now you want to be kind right back to him. Go for it, I would say. If he's as kind as you describe, he will be pleasantly surprised and maybe sees through the smearcampaign of your FOO. Who knows...
Stranger things have happened.

Glad to hear your son is allright.

FW
Freedom is never voluntary given by the oppressor, it is demanded by the oppressed.

Martin Luther King, Jr

Adria

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:13:54 PM »
Thank you Foreignwoman,  that's kind of what I was thinking too.  I guess it never hurts to do something nice.

Liftedfog

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:42:59 PM »
When you do the right thing for the right reason, things will work out.  I am not a social media fan, but it is for situations that you describe where I would so be happy to look up good people and reconnect with them. 

Adria

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 05:44:54 PM »
Thank you Lifted. :)