Random Thoughts IV

• 46 Replies

Whiteheron

Re: Random Thoughts IV
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »
 :yeahthat:

That's one of my goals once I move into my own place. No more piles of stuff everywhere. I tell the kids everything has a place to go...I need to follow!

Also, it was sunny today!  :sunny:
DD and I planted some veggies in our new garden (one of the local garden centers had a few peppers and tomatoes left) and some flowers. Of course, I bought more than I had time to plant...hopefully I can get to it next week. It's supposed to be sunny at least one of the days...
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

notrightinthehead

• Host Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 01:50:55 AM »
A fly is humming happily through my bedroom. Yup, winter is on it's way out.

blacksheep7

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
I am listening to U2's song "With or Without You", on the radio and just takes me back to that time, when it just came out and my BF at the time and I were calling this song, "our song".  We were two broken people, dependent with one another, as the song suggests, always moving in and out, for ten years. :roll:
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

TooLongInWA

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 01:03:01 PM »
That's right... I just hung up an old white sheet and sheer curtain over the front of the house where my living room is. It's going to be 90+ for the next week and the afternoon sun cooks the front of my house which is half brick where the living room is.  I don't mind looking like a redneck for a while... I don't feel like being cooked by all that stored heat radiating back in from the bricks.  I'm practical that way. :)
"Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too."    Will Smith

TooLongInWA

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 09:35:15 AM »
Nothing like a spider running across your laptop screen... while your laptop is on your lap... to get you moving in the morning.

:tongue2:
"Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too."    Will Smith

Whiteheron

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
Oh my! My laptop would have hit the floor for sure! Not a fan of spiders or any other biting arachnid/insect. *shudder*

On a brighter note, I was able to get over to my new place for about 40 minutes and got the back flower bed weeded! Who knew there were struggling hostas under all of those two foot tall weeds?  I just hope I didn't uncover them for the bunnies to find.

TooLongInWA

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »
Went online to look at my water/sewer bill to see how much damage having the pool up has done, and saw it was $3.85.  It's usually in the $300 range (yeah, I know... surrounded by water where I live but we have one of the most expensive water/sewer charges in the entire country).  Turns out I set up auto pay the last time I forgot to pay the bill back in December and then I forgot that I did and I paid it twice last time. 

:doh:

Oh well, at least the latest bill shows we haven't been insane with filling/refilling the pool so far this summer.    8-)

Liftedfog

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 08:46:09 PM »
Finding Nemo was one of the best Disney movies.  Dory was so funny but kids call me Marlin, Nemo dad.  I'm so overprotective I suffocate myself sometimes.  My youngest begged to walk home.  I let him out of the car maybe 20 houses away.  As he walked I followed along in my car!!!!

Whiteheron

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 06:01:51 AM »
Baby steps, lifted.

I have a place I'm fixing up for when I get to leave this house and stbx behind. Kids know about it. Were really excited at first, then oldest stopped talking about it, didn't want to go help me get it ready. I was starting to really worry this one had changed their mind about moving there. A few days ago, oldest says to me "your place is going to be awesome once it's ready!" I was immensely relieved. I think this child was avoiding the topic because they were getting their hopes up and don't want to be disappointed. Oldest was really hoping to move in before school starts up in a few weeks, but it's looking unlikely.

TooLongInWA

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 11:20:43 AM »
Just wondering what killed the pool last night (10-ft above ground Intex with the blow up ring that holds it upright).  That pool survived through 3 summers of my kids and the neighborhood kids, and I woke up to find it flattened this morning.  Damage doesn't look like typical raccoon damage, but it was early dawn, not all the way light outside, and I hadn't coffee yet. I'll get a good look at it when I get back after work.  Teally wishing I'd bought another one when they were half off a month ago.

AmericanWoman

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »
I haven't gotten completely unpacked from last time and now were moving over 1,000 miles again  :stars:

TooLongInWA

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
Definitely a raccoon... and that little bugger had fun biting on the ring... all the way around the pool.  Oh well... at least it was toward the end of summer when we'd be taking the pool down anyway.   

peacefulspirit

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »
In my office, why do I have to wear a sweater in the summer and not the winter?  :stars:

TooLongInWA

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 10:35:02 AM »
I cry every time Reepicheep chooses to go to Aslan's country at the end of The Narnia Chronicle's Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and I am not ashamed of that!  Thank you, DD, for decided to watch that movie yesterday.  Sometimes you need a good cry every now and then.  :)

AmericanWoman

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »
That's right... I just hung up an old white sheet and sheer curtain over the front of the house where my living room is. It's going to be 90+ for the next week and the afternoon sun cooks the front of my house which is half brick where the living room is. I don't mind looking like a redneck for a while... I don't feel like being cooked by all that stored heat radiating back in from the bricks.  I'm practical that way. :)

If you want to do it right, get you a camo tarp to cover the front, duck hunting blind works great too!  :bigwink:

PS:  Washer on the front porch is for the beer, works better than conventional coolers  :cool2: