Who to contact about incorrect info?

• 3 Replies

MushroomMelk

Who to contact about incorrect info?
« on: July 05, 2017, 05:20:15 PM »
I was looking around the net for forums for people with STPD/schizotypal PD. I found this website and I am very confused. Some of the infomation on my illness's page is incorrect. Is this for people who suffer or just people who want to complain about abusive people who have cluster B illness? There aren't many resources for people with my illness so any direction would be appreciated.  Everywhere I look it just seems to be people complaining about cluster b instead of actual support and I'm so frustrated.

Ilovecoffee

Re: Who to contact about incorrect info?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
Hi MushroomKelk.  Check out the "About" section of the website.  This website is for anyone who has a family member or significant other with a personality disorder.  It's a support system to help those without the personality disorder to understand the loved one who does have the personality disorder.  Some people on here would like to work on the relationship with the PD individual and some people have been abused by them so badly they come for support. 

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »
For clarification from our "who we are" page, found here, http://outofthefog.website/who-we-are/ 

"About Us:
Out of the FOG was launched in 2007 to provide information and support to the family members and loved ones of individuals who suffer from a personality disorder.

"We are a supportive, close-knit community, encouraging one another through the many challenges that come with having a family member or significant other who has a personality disorder. ...

"The Out of the FOG leadership team is the most experienced team of its kind in the world. We are unpaid volunteers who have years of experience living with someone who suffers from a personality disorder and who share a passion to educate and encourage others who find themselves lost in the "FOG". ...

"About Our Name - "Out of the FOG"
Dealing with a loved-one or family member who suffers from a personality disorder can sometimes feel like navigating through a fog. FOG stands for Fear, Obligation, Guilt - feelings which often result from being in a relationship with a person who suffers from a Personality Disorder. The FOG acronym was coined by Susan Forward & Donna Frazier in their book Emotional Blackmail. It is our hope that this site may help some navigate Out of the FOG in their own lives.

"People often arrive at our site feeling a range of emotions including fear, anger, confusion, guilt, a sense of isolation, hopelessness and powerlessness. It can be a tremendous relief to discover that others have been where you are and are struggling with some of the same issues."

“You are not alone. We have been there."

So yes, our site is for those of us with personality disordered loved ones, not for the personality disordered themselves. Right offhand, I can't think of sites that may be of help for you, but hopefully someone will be along in a moment with more information.

All that said, to your other comment please advise the incorrect information so we may address it accordingly.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:20:38 PM by moglow »
“Nothing exposes our true self more than how we treat each other in the home.”  ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

practical

• Host Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 06:04:23 AM »
Hi,

here is a site you may want to check out:
Schizotypal personality disorder (STPD)
http://www.psychforums.com/schizotypal-personality/

I hope this helps you in your journey. Wishing you all the best!
“If I’m not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I’m only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?” (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)