Correcting a post

• 2 Replies

InHidingWithMacSeth

Correcting a post
« on: August 08, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »
I get that you guys are volunteers and all, but instead of deleting an entire post because of calling someone a name... Can you like, cut and past it and like,  however it is that I got a notice saying my post was removed, make it attached to that notice? Because I lost a whole post because of one word and would have removed the word and the anger behind the attached sentence. Sometimes it gets away from me and sprouts roots, and I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I don't think anyone really would want to bother to go through and correct the post, and I think the original poster would feel possible MORE violated if the text was fixed, but not by his or her hand.

Is there a way to do this? Because I agree, it's not nice, not constructive, but sometimes I don't even realize me saying someone is _______________________________.
No one is a bottomless pit of giving, but some are bottomless pits of taking.

*This message brought to you by someone recovering from toxicity.

coyote

• Global Moderator
Re: Correcting a post
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:52:07 AM »
Patchouli,
Thank you for your question. I agree we are human and make mistakes without realizing it sometimes. Yes it possible that we edit out name calling and it all depends on the post and situation. Since I am not familiar with your exact post and situation I will work with the other moderators and administrators to get clarification. Once again I do appreciate the tone of your question and addressing the concern directly to the team. It may take a couple of days but we will get back with you.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

“The only person educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”  Carl Rogers

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • Says who? Really says who? Question everything.
    • FOG vs Love
Re: Correcting a post
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
Please reread the notice. It contains a link to your post and also specifically what part of the post was at issue and what part of the post was edited. Your post is still there.

Additionally if you have questions regarding moderating decisions the notice comes with instructions for how to follow up with the moderating team directly.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:05:41 PM by Spring Butterfly »
Each and every contact with a PD person results in damage. Plan accordingly and make time to heal. See Toolbox for tips.