login/email issues

• 8 Replies

ProudAspie

login/email issues
« on: September 02, 2017, 11:01:12 PM »
Hi,

I'm having a very frustrating time trying to log in to the forum with an already existing account and had to create a new email account and a new account here just to post this. I changed my email address on my other account here under the name Deepsky as I had an old one listed. It was going to send me an email so I could verify the email address. I never got the email, tried to resend the email a number of times but never got anything and kept seeing an error - you don't have access to this area message.
I submitted a PM via the facebook page but not sure if that's active and there doesn't seem to be an alternative way to contact any of the admin through the website without using the forum. I would rather use my other account on here but I don't understand why I'm not receiving those verification emails. Perhaps someone could PM me on here. Thanks.

xredshoesx

• Administrator
Re: login/email issues
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:16:39 AM »
there's a glitch in the platform we run the forum on- i'm going to see if i can manually activate you. 

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
we're not seeing a prompt for activation.  did you change anything else on the account?  we can also reset the password but we need your input and confirmation of the email via PM before we can make any further changes.

ProudAspie

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »
I think the issue has been resolved now. I received an email with prompts to activate my preferred account so I can log into it now. Thanks!

Randy2

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:40:31 AM »
I had this same issue. Tried to change the email address associated with my account, but never received the email verification, despite numerous tries (checked both old and new email accounts). Also tried forgot my password link, but it would not allow me, since the email address has not been verified.

I created a new account so I could get some assistance, but do not want to violate the guideline prohibiting multiple accounts. I would like to delete this one and restore access to my original. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:33:42 AM »
we'll see what we can do.  please look for a PM from me or one of the other admins randy2

Locked_out

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »
I could not get back into either account--never received any emails. Starting over and will NOT be accessing or attempting to access my previous account(s).

Thank you for your help, regardless.

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:12 PM »
we usually send PMs so please check there-this way communication from the forum is more private and not in an email.

if you are using a phone to browse, you have to click on the tab that has the three horizontal bars on it and that will bring up all the menu options.

please check your pms, both accounts were reset

Locked_out

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:21:31 AM »
Thank you so much for your help and for resetting the accounts, but unfortunately, I could not get back into either to check for the pm's. It kept saying "invalid password," but the emails to reset the password never came through despite numerous attempts.

I am just going to keep this new account, but again, I really appreciate your help and your attention to privacy. Thank you!