Dr Foster

• 8 Replies

Hattie

Dr Foster
« on: October 04, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »
One for the Brits out there- has anyone been watching Doctor Foster? Just how much of a narcissist is Simon?  :aaauuugh: The gaslighting! the triangulation! The total refusal to take responsibility! It's particularly coming out now in series 2. And Gemma has some serious fleas!  :o I'm loving it  ;D

Whiteheron

Re: Dr Foster
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
Season one is on Netflix. I'll check it out!
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Hattie

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:23:30 PM »
 :thumbup:

Hazy111

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
Very good study of personality disorder. Simon definitely the grandiose Narc, very well played.

But Gemma , disordered too?

None of the adults are nice people.

The poor son .

Hazy111

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »
Then there is Andrew in Liar

Bellie

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »
Yes!!

Simon is a monster Narc! And Gemma, is totally riddled with fleas!!! The way she is trying to get her son on her side. The way she is spying on her son!

So funny, I was thinking that too! Series 2 is on netflix now..

Hattie

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 02:01:08 PM »
Even the peripheral characters are entertainingly disordered.  Ros, who is totally untrustworthy, and the stroppy neighbour from across the street who marches about judging people 😄 I read an interview with the guy who wrote the screenplay.  He said the show contained some "fairly recognisable psychology". I'll say!

Whiteheron

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 07:07:23 PM »
**spoilers**
Watched the first episode last week. I have to admit it was a little triggering. The way the camera focused in on his phone sitting on the counter...should she...shouldn't she? I was in that exact same situation a year ago. The way your heart pounds and your hands shake when you're actually snooping. Ugh. Then when she discovers the phone in his trunk...confronted with the evidence...I could feel her revulsion, her disbelief, her pain. Because I was there too (of course, at the same time I was relieved and saw a way out, unlike Gemma).

It's very well done, and of course I will keep watching. I can't wait to see how it all plays out!
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Hattie

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »
Glad you liked it! It is a bit triggering, it's true. Kind of cathartic to watch though... Enjoy the rest of the series!