The clarity of it all

• 1 Replies

CoffeeCup2

The clarity of it all
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
Iíve always known this to be true, in some way or another, but now Iíve seen it ever so clear.

I see why stbx is the way he is. He was raised in an environment that screams disfunction, PD, narcissism, etc.

I wonít go into details here, because it would take forever to write. Letís just say that some of the events that have transpired over the past few days have made me shake my head, just wondering how people can be so oblivious.

stbx was attacked hardcore by his sister and brother-in-law. Over really silly things. Iím not defending stbx by any stretch of the imagination, but it was absolutely comical what they were doing. Then an aunt chimed in. Then it turned into this whole ball of disfunctional mess.

At the end of the day, itís stbx who needs to decide whether or not he wants to leave this disfunction and work towards bettering himself and releasing from the past. Oddly enough, when he doesnít have to deal with their insanity, heís much better to deal with.

This is not saying Iím hopeful for the future. I donít know what I am right now. Sure, itís a very prominent discovery. But, who knows.

Beachgirl

Re: The clarity of it all
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 07:01:10 PM »
Most of them have had some childhood trauma. It is awful that they experience this. I've always been fascinated by mental health. The movie Sybil and the movie's When a Stranger Calls. The behavior is the result of damage during childhood. It can't be cured. It's very sad. The behavior can be very extreme and in some leads to sociopathic or psychopathic traits. I worked with homeless for a few years and there are some really awful stories of childhood abuse or neglect. I also feel sorry for dogs who are raised badly but when they attack children or maim people, they've crossed a line. We can't let our empathy bleed into allowing our own health or souls to be maimed. Or our children. It's a terrible thing that we even have to deal with this stuff.
"The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving". Eat, Pray, Love
♡INFJ & Protesting Colluder😉