No Contact with ExPD Friend

• 2 Replies

Kieveen

No Contact with ExPD Friend
« on: October 12, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »
I recently went NC with uNPD friend.  She is not a coworker but does work in my building, for the same company. 

What is the best way to handle NC when I see her walking by?  Right now I'm just avoiding eye contact (kind of like she doesn't exist) but I can't help but feel like I'm being rude.  I don't hate this person just don't want to engage her in any way.

Latchkey

• Administrator
Re: No Contact with ExPD Friend
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »
Hi Kievenn,

When I am in this situation I try to use the grey rock method. https://lovefraud.com/the-gray-rock-method-of-dealing-with-psychopaths/

If there must be more regular or some contact then I use Medium Chill.

I try to make it "about me" and not "about them". In my case, avoidance of being in the same physical space helps. If you have to share a space at some times you might try to use one of the methods above. If they do try to engage you often then make yourself as boring as possible. If you make your NC very obvious or declare it to the person it may make this situation worse and they might chase you or try to engage others to get attention. I don't know all the details but it sounds like the other person is not aware of your NC?

Latchkey
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

Kieveen

Re: No Contact with ExPD Friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »
Latchkey   

Thanks for the advice she's aware we are NC it's just awkward having to see her at work sometimes.  I'll probably continue to do what I'm doing unless I'm forced into a social situation then I'll try grey rock.