There by the grace of God go I

• 2 Replies

momnthefog

• Host Member
There by the grace of God go I
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:32:05 PM »
I watch the news unfold and think to myself, there by the grace of God go I.

This quote is from a news article.  Lynda is the mother (of the Florida shooter) who died last Nov.

“Lynda was very close to them,” Kumbatovic told The Post. “She put a lot of time and effort into those boys, trying to give them a good life and upbringing.”

One boy was quiet and seemed to stay out of trouble, but Nikolas kept having problems at school, Kumbatovic said.

“Lynda dealt with it like most parents did. She was probably too good to him,” Kumbatovic said. “She was a lovely woman. She was a hard-working woman. She made a beautiful home for them. She put a lot of effort and time into their schooling, their recreation, whatever they needed. She was a good parent. And she went over and above, because she needed to compensate for being a single parent.”

For those of us dealing with PD adult children....this is our worse nightmare.  My heart breaks for the families and lives shattered.  Yes, there by the grace of God go I.

momnthefog

"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

Adria

Re: There by the grace of God go I
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:51:19 PM »
Momnthefog,

Thank you for sharing that.  You are right, that is our worst nightmare.  Worse than hurting us, would be them hurting someone else.  I don't know how we could live with that.  My heart goes out to the families, but these days they probably get all kinds of nasty emails and death threats, not understanding everything the parent's have done to try to keep it from happening, and not understanding how there is truly no help from the system out there.

Yes, there by the grace of God go I. :bighug:

coyote

• Global Moderator
Re: There by the grace of God go I
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
Amen!
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

“The only person educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”  Carl Rogers

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow