Coffee?

• 7 Replies

AngelInTheMarble

Coffee?
« on: March 09, 2018, 06:25:02 AM »
So my 2 year anniversary of getting the hell out of hell is in a couple of weeks.  Out of the blue I get this text.
Him:  "Hi"
Me:  "What's up?"
Him:  "I was wondering if I could buy you a cup of coffee Saturday?"
Me:  "No thanks"
Him:  "Thank you"

Since none of you have ever met this man, let me translate for you:
"Hi" - I am contacting you to see if I can still mess with you
"Can I buy you a cup of coffee" - I am offering to do something nice so I can tell people I tried reaching out to you but you are so angry and bitter that you can't even be civil.  And if you say yes I will spend hours lecturing you on some topic of my choosing to make sure you know I am still in charge.
"Thank you" - I am so pissed right now that you dared to turn me down that I am going to plan something really epic to retaliate.

Something like that.  Nothing is what it seems with him.  I haven't seen him in 6 months and I don't intend to ever be alone with him again. 
His coffee would be really bitter.   :wacko:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:46:59 AM by AngelInTheMarble »

Funmum

Re: Coffee?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 06:37:33 AM »
Well done.
Seriously. You've hit the nail on the head. X

GettingOOTF

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
Urgh.

Mine contacted me about his air miles the other day. We have been divorced for almost 2 years and separated for the same before then.

It’s infuriating. He does it just to mess with me and he stays just on the side of  the line where he seems like he’s being perfectly reasonable and I’m being crazy getting upset about it.

I finally had my comoany block him. He uses my work phone as he’s blocked every where else.

I full expect him to turn up at my home all “your work phone was no longer going to your voicemail (I never pick up), I was worried”.

We know what their true motivations are. Good for you for being strong.

Whiteheron

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 07:55:56 AM »
They sure are relentless, aren't they?

Good for you, I love your translation!
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

AngelInTheMarble

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:08:14 AM »
He might show up at my work.  He did that once when I first left.  I told him not to do that again.  He does nothing to be nice, he has another motive, always. 
I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while.  She told me she ran into him a few months back.  Now, she has only met him a few times, I worked with her for years.  So he knows she knows me well and likes me.  She said he went on and on bad mouthing me and wouldn't stop.  It made her incredibly uncomfortable and she wasn't buying anything he was saying about me.  Nice to know he is still spreading lies to make people feel sorry for him.
I haven't said anything about him to any of his friends.  I just left and got on with life.  Wish he would get on with his and leave me alone.

Beachgirl

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
This sounds familiar. I will have to keep your example in my mind for future.  ;)
"The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving". Eat, Pray, Love
♡INFJ & Protesting Colluder😉

heartinhand

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
Hooray for you, Angel!!!!!!  Glad you are not falling for the BS!

midnyteblu

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
Angel - I'm sorry the ex reared his head after so long. I'm happy to hear from you, though! It's been awhile. I'm glad that you're at a place where you know exactly what he's doing, and won't let yourself get pulled in. Thanks for sharing it here. It's a good reminder and model. I hope you've been well, otherwise! Hugs!