How much longer?

• 2 Replies

sevenyears

How much longer?
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
A year ago, I told my stbxuocpdH that I want a divorce. STBX is relative - I never thought I would still be married one year later. One year on  - where are we: 8 months of mediation with no progress. He decided to stop honoring the only agreement we had because it no longer suited him - and to punish me. He accused me of planning to kidnap the children. He accused me of overdosing our then 1.5 year old with cold medicine. He blocks me from spending any time alone with the children - and has been since August. He now denies he has anger and control issues. GGGrrrrr!!! Just need to vent a bit. Thank you for listening!

mdana

Re: How much longer?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »
Yikes!

Sounds horrible -- but, quite typical for PD's.
Hope the best for you ...

M
Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. The Dalai Lama

Lighthousegirl

Re: How much longer?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:14:19 AM »
We weren't married and it has taken two years to get to the end of our separation stuff. It was relatively easy tbh (there were complications but not as bad as many i have read!)
I am now NC after police involvement. Can't imagine that changing in a hurry. Children -teen, early twenties - communicate with him on their own terms....not a lot.

Life does change. I never expected life to take this turn.
But you will move on, it might mean pressure from your legal team but it will. Take control, don't let him continue to have it... "He decided to stop honouring the agreement...." Why should he decide? Why does he get to block you having time alone with the children? .... It's tough, but if you want change, you will have to lead.
You can do it.
LG