Ideas for survival going forward?

• 1 Replies

chowder

Ideas for survival going forward?
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »
We have gone to counseling with our PD daughter, who is now back in the house as we hope to move forward.  As a requirement to living here, she has to continue counseling, and we have another session tomorrow.  The counselor has asked us to bring our "must-haves" as far as requirements for her to live here. 
Right now she is giving us the bare minimum.  She speaks when she's spoken to, and initiates something only when necessary...does not join us for dinner or interact at all, only when she needs something.  She has stayed in her room the last two days and grunted a Happy Mother's Day wish to me.
Does anyone have suggestions how to spell out requirements for behavior?  D calls this pleasant and polite and thinks it is sufficient.
I do not see it that way.  Show you're grateful that we're giving you a roof over your head.  We have more interaction with strangers at the supermarket.  But things can get subjective, like "be respectful," etc.   Any ideas, like sit down to dinner with us a couple of nights a week?  No electronics at the dinner table? 
Thanks for your support, everyone.  I'm sure there are many who are seeing more clearly than I am right now.

momnthefog

• Host Member
Re: Ideas for survival going forward?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 10:29:18 PM »
Timeline or exit plan for her to move out.
Pay rent,
Does laundry and keep her space bathroom clean.  Cleans up kitchen....in other words she doesn't live in a hotel.
No name calling cussing, no destruction of property, no physical alterations.
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."