My future goals

• 2 Replies

Morejoytoday

My future goals
« on: June 27, 2018, 01:03:18 PM »
My future goal is to find peace within myself so that I can enjoy the company of those around me without the baggage of all the trauma. To find coping mechanisms to cut off the fear and anxiety. To be able to interact with those around me without fear that they are judging everything that comes out of my mouth. To be able to make a simple decision such as “what would you like for dinner?” Unless you have lived through an abusing relationship you have no idea why these things are so difficult. I don’t want to have to explain why either. I just want to be able to live my life, loving myself they way I have always tried to love those around me.

Peace, happiness and some joy. Those are my goals

newme_whodis

Re: My future goals
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 12:58:51 PM »
These are terrific goals, and you can get there! The 'peace within myself so I can enjoy company of those around me' really stuck with me. No more JADEing and anxiety would be freeing!

guitarman

Re: My future goals
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
I have done a Mindfulness course and do regular Mindfulness guided meditations.

I have learnt to detach, to let go and become aware. I have questioned "Are thoughts facts?".

I takes time to learn new coping skills and to do things differently.

If you are feeling stressed and depressed it is difficult to concentrate and make decisions. Even the simplest decisions are so hard to make, I know.

I've known periods of utter joy and happiness even at the most stressful times. I've known inner calmness when others are in turmoil. I've experienced relaxation and peace.

Life is a teacher and we keep learning. We learn lessons from trauma and upset. We learn about ourselves.

I have learnt to turn "what if?" into "what IS".

I've learnt to "Observe and not absorb".

Best wishes

guitarman
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author