Laugh a minute

• 8 Replies

Poweron

Laugh a minute
« on: July 04, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
Seriously you could not make this stuff up! Phone call from 37yr old son's social worker prior to meeting with police, mental health team and housing officials (after repeated damage and verbal assaults on both professionals and general public) "......he seems to manage to dominate the meetings until we comply with his wishes, how do you suggest we handle this?" WTF! Well firstly I suggest that you ring someone who hasn't spent 37 years with NO training and NO answers, secondly I suggest ................................ :yeahthat:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:54:12 PM by Poweron »

notrightinthehead

• Host Member
Re: Laugh a minute
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
So they seem to be lost and feel outwitted and hoped you would have some advice for them.

Poweron

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
It would appear so Notrightinthehead - he typically has a "logical" answer or reason for everything but if the professionals can't cope I don't know what they think I've been trying to live with! Just having a hopeless day  :(

notrightinthehead

• Host Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 04:02:13 AM »
I consider it a sincere validation of you and your efforts! If the professionals come to you for help it clearly means they see what you are talking about and were hoping you had a tool they did not know about yet.
Of course it is so sad that this sitation exists at all but the good thing is, they got a glimpse of what you are dealing with and understand you a little bit better now.

Poweron

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 06:32:44 PM »
Thank you for your perspective, I usually feel like they don't involve the family enough so maybe I should see this as a step forward. However, their meeting suggested a repeat section to which he initially agreed but is now on the run with police looking for him as the second psychiatric appraisal took too long to arrive :(

Adria

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 08:56:54 PM »
Poweron,

I read your post to dh today. We looked at each other in unison and said, "Ditto."  We've been going through the exact same thing this week, ugh! Same phone calls from the pros. Seriously? Every day, is an adventure :-\
Hugs, Adria

Poweron

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 04:19:19 AM »
Oh it is Adria, every day something new! Thanks for your support. This is the only place anyone fully understands. Hugs back to you x

momnthefog

• Host Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 08:51:41 AM »
Poweron,

The irony is that this sort of phone call confirms and validates what we as parents have known and struggled with for years.

I hope you'll keep us updated....and that what you find support and understanding here helps you in your journey Out of the FOG.

Hugs,

momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

gERMfOGL

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 04:01:58 AM »
yeah, they  may seem a bit lost....