My Story

• 21 Replies

The New Me!

Re: My Story
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 06:20:29 PM »
Hiya

Just read your post with interest and I can completely relate to what you've put.

You are not alone and it is okay to be okay.  They would like you not to be, because that's what they feed off; you are their supply.

You also say that you feel that a fog has been lifted; that's completely how you will feel, because the way you've been treated is completely wrong.

I initially went to see my GP and broke down in tears in the room saying I couldn't cope.  I completely felt like I'd hit rock bottom, suicidal thoughts, thoughts of self-harm; no self esteem, confidence.  I was this anxious shell of a person.

Basically I was brought up in this environment where I didn't know any different.  I was put on anti-depressants, on a waiting list for CBT.  In and out of contact with my Mum and step-dad and now nearing the end of interpersonal therapy and I know I've turned a corner.

You have my assurance things will get better for you, you sound like you are on the right path.

PD's will always, I repeat always, project their guilty feelings on to you.  That's how they operate.  It has taken me a long time to realise that.  Also, you will get people not understanding you because THEY haven't lived though it.  However, you will come across kinder than kind people who do understand and you keep believing in yourself.  Take care. :)

SnugglyHedgehog

Re: My Story
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »
Hiya

Just read your post with interest and I can completely relate to what you've put.

You are not alone and it is okay to be okay.  They would like you not to be, because that's what they feed off; you are their supply.

You also say that you feel that a fog has been lifted; that's completely how you will feel, because the way you've been treated is completely wrong.

I initially went to see my GP and broke down in tears in the room saying I couldn't cope.  I completely felt like I'd hit rock bottom, suicidal thoughts, thoughts of self-harm; no self esteem, confidence.  I was this anxious shell of a person.

Basically I was brought up in this environment where I didn't know any different.  I was put on anti-depressants, on a waiting list for CBT.  In and out of contact with my Mum and step-dad and now nearing the end of interpersonal therapy and I know I've turned a corner.

You have my assurance things will get better for you, you sound like you are on the right path.

PD's will always, I repeat always, project their guilty feelings on to you.  That's how they operate.  It has taken me a long time to realise that.  Also, you will get people not understanding you because THEY haven't lived though it.  However, you will come across kinder than kind people who do understand and you keep believing in yourself.  Take care. :)

Thank you, you too!  :)