• Administrator
    • Out of the FOG Website
Re: OOTF e-Book !
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 08:12:24 PM »

atwittsend

• My Blog tackling my life away from her
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
This is amazing guys!  hahaha I will have to purchase a copy! 
good friend... how loud do you want life to shout her answers in your ear

justlearning

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
Will someone give me a heads-up when the print version is ready for purchase?
I'm still kind of old-fashioned about books---I like the tactile experience of holding it in my hands...

gary

• http://www.gawalters.com
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 03:19:18 PM »
It's not in the works at this moment but it is being kicked around.

I forget now the number of pages it really amounts to but it seemed enormous. :P
" A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings.

Believe in yourself ".

Josh S hipp

www.gawalters.com
http://gawalters.com/blog/

Aames

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »
I've no idea when - let alone if - a hard-copy (print) version of the OOTF e-book would become available. 

There are some practical reasons for us not having ventured into making the book available in hard copy.

While self-publishing is now a reality in print-land - and the minimum order of books required for a "run"  is actually pretty low (even for hard cover books), as you can imagine - the fewer books ordered - the higher the cost per unit.   

The costs of publishing (which include printing, binding, shipping to the warehouse or physical sales points, marketing the book, then shipping again to the end-consumer) necessarily get passed along to the buyer -  so then, our e-book, which is currently available for wireless auto-delivery to your computer or e-reader for about $2.99 (US) suddenly costs you - the consumer -  $22.99 plus shipping and handling.   You don't receive any more value for your two thousand percent mark-up (infact less - I'll get in to that in a minute)  and we don't see any increase in profitability.

The pupose of the OOTF book has always been to get information in to the hands of people who need it, at an affordable price.   Bonus to the reader:  Because the OOTF book is an e-book - we've made it a living document - and it continues to evolve, as we evolve, with updated information and insights into the world of personality disorders and coping with a PD loved one.

That's important -- look for updates soon as we revise sections of the website and the book to reflect the new order of the DSM V.

I mentioned profitability before.   To be clear, nobody is making money off the OOTF book.
In other words - nobody draws a salary or gets any kind of stipend.  We're all still unpaid volunteers around here.   

Making money for ourselves never was the purpose of publishing.   Helping the website and support forums to become self-sustaining was (and is).   

Currently, between private donations, and sales of the e-book -  We make just enough to sustain / maintain the website and message board, pay our annual fees to maintain our domain name, the costs of having and maintaining a dedicated server  - for website building software purchases / updates, and to plan for future updates to the website and support board infrastructures.  There's a little put aside in there for emergenciy IT assistance (if needed).   

We're all so very proud of the e-book and the fact that it is helping us to make this site self-sustaining.    Getting involved in publishing a hard-copy of the book is just something that isn't currently practical, or profitable.   We'd have to take pretty much the balance of our entire account just for seed money for a very limited run.  Robbing Peter to invest in Paul, when we
know Paul isn't going to pay dividends - and may lose the investment - We're just not anywhere near there.

I hope that explains it  a bit better.

"Don't ever offer up facts for consideration where small minds and angry villagers are concerned. They don't like having their myths busted or their war-parties interrupted."

Roses N Daisies

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »
I am a book lover! I love holding books and having them on my shelf to read and re-read and dog-ear and underline, so I am eagerly awaiting the print version. Soon I hope???!!!
Thank you,
Roses :thumbup:
Roses and Daisies
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.  Jewish Proverb

Aames

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
Roses - read the post just above yours.  We have no plans to publish a hard-copy book - the post above explains why it's not a cost-effective endeavor.
"Don't ever offer up facts for consideration where small minds and angry villagers are concerned. They don't like having their myths busted or their war-parties interrupted."

Roses N Daisies

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »
Aames,
Oh well. I will get the E-book, and be grateful! Thank you for letting me know.
Roses
Roses and Daisies
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.  Jewish Proverb

Is this me??

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
Hi.. is there a link where  can buy for my android phone??

Charles6722

• life is so very short,learn to reach for the stars
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »
I bought my kindle version!!  It is Awesome!!

C.E.-
Wear your insecurities like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

- C.E.

Holly

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 09:11:34 AM »
I am hoping I get a kindle to read this.  Is there a book available on line that I can transfer to my computer? 
Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.

- Henry David Thoreau

Find the Light on your path.

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »
Holly, see reply #15 by Eclipse above. 
“Nothing exposes our true self more than how we treat each other in the home.”  ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

viki

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2015, 01:33:24 PM »
Is the book still on amazon, I searched without success.
If there is a link
i am not responsible for everyones happiness, only they can choose their mental states of mind, i cannot choose for them.

Latchkey

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »
Is the book still on amazon, I searched without success.
If there is a link

viki,

Here is a post with links that should work. I was able to find it on Amazon using the searchbox as well.

http://outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=7583

Latchkey
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

DoOver

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »
Any way I can listen to it on my Android. Would really love to get it!