Is there a specific book about OCPD?

Started by Jsinjin, December 11, 2018, 06:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

My spouse has undiagnosed OCPD.   The 'determination of likely OCPD' that resulted in my lightbulb moment came from my both my therapist and psychiatrist respectively after a severe breakdown last summer.    Since then I've read everything I can get my hands on: "Stop Walking on Eggshells", Susan forward's book, and many others but have not found a specific resource for OCPD.   Has anyone ready any books that deal with this topic specifically?

Thank you for any recommendations.

Jsj
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

all4peace

Jsinjin, I haven't read any personally. Have you tried a Google, Amazon or Barnes and Noble search? I have found it helpful in the past to read the book reviews to get a sense of if a book will be worthwhile or not. Good luck!

practical

I have not been able to find one and worked instead with what you can find here under "Personality Disorders" and the "Top 100 Traits". The "Top 100 Traits" was particularly helpful as they often gave suggestions about "What to do" and "What not to do". Additionally while the DSM states 6 criteria I found F had other traits on top of them, so the 6 criteria really addressed only a small slice of the problems I was dealing with.

In the end I also found it more helpful to read books that helped me to heal, two crucial ones were "Will I ever be good enough" by Karyl McBride and "Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents" by Lindsay Gibson. Another one was "Boundaries" by Cloud and Townsend. You can find reviews of all of them here in this section.
If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

Wilderhearts

Here is  a website with a list of books regarding OCPD:
http://perfectlyawfulusa.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

The website itself is also a great resource, and really helped me understand how OCPD minds work (look at "crazy rules" for OCPD "logic").

Happy reading to you!