Divorce far from family

Started by scaredwithfaith, February 11, 2019, 05:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scaredwithfaith

3 young kids.
We work at the same school. Where I strongly want to stay working and my kids to attend, for valid cultural and community reasons.
However, if there were a way for me to leave the state with my kids to where my parents and sisters live, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I desperately would jump at that chance. I don't fear he'll physically hurt me. (Though he's punched a hole in a door and said he's so mad he wants to hit me.) But the emotional toll is becoming so painful and affecting me as a mother and affecting my kids.

Has anyone ever gone through a divorce with kids involved, and WITHOUT extended family/support system nearby?

I just really don't know what my options are.

Latchkey

Hi scaredwithfaith,
I just moved your post over here to Separating and Divorcing to get a better response.
I'd recommend you read more of the topics here on this board and also look at the Top of this board and the Toolbox.

I did divorce without extended family nearby. I did have a support system and a job.
I'd recommend you start talking with attorneys.
One thing people do is spend time away with family, extended times, but not officially move.

How old are your kids? Leaving mid school year could be tough? Also, if they have friends and you do too it's something to consider.

Sounds like you have a lot going on. What has been escalating that has brought you back here?

Looking forward to hearing more of what has been going on.

Latchkey
What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

Samuel S.

I haven't divorced my PDw - yet, but one thing that is very noteworthy from your post is his anger. That is a major red flag to consider when mak8ng your decision to stay or to Leave! Your security, your kids' security, and the security of anyone else around him need to be carefully weighed.