Feeling under pressure

Started by CagedBirdSinging, November 17, 2019, 03:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhaw

If moving a friend in temporarily, until you leave perhaps.... is possible, consider it.

The PDs don't want others to SEE what they're doing to us, IME. 

It might take pressure off you and put lots more on the PD.  The PD's disordered conduct might be witnessed and documented by someone else.  In any case, you'll feel safer likely, have less stress and trouble from the PD, IME.

You can have your mother visit... maybe.  Or an out of town friend.  Maybe.  Or your brother, perhaps?  Having a man in the house would have changed everything... I don't think my ASPD would have had the access to me, or made the threats he made..... tormented me emotionally the way he did. 

I would have been steadier, more responsive....  made better plans and stuck to them if I wasn't so at the mercy of and isolated with the PD who shut down his company at Christmas, let 40 employees go and sat on me and the kids 24-7 for MONTHS when we weren't used to having him around much before.

Be proactive where you can.  Ask for help that benefits you.  Look at every choice from all perspectives.  Take as much control as you can BACK.  You aren't chained any longer.  You have more freedom than you know.

Don't fear what the PD will do.  Limit contact with him and get on with divorcing him as you can.

A strong female friend, Aunt, cousin..... neighbor moving in... honestly is a pretty good idea.

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt