An hilarious irony

Started by Associate of Daniel, June 04, 2022, 08:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

Some of you may remember from several years ago that my UNPD exH refused to allow me to share the parental responsibility of scoring ds's weekly sports game.

It was fine by me.  I'd much rather sit and watch my boy play than have the stress of scoring.

So today, 6 or so years later, I found myself in a position where I had to be one of the scorers.

There were just the 2 parents of our team - me and the other one who had to coach.

My UNPD exH and his UNPD wife were not there.

The scorer from the other team was a lady roughly the same age as me.

It was utterly hilarious.  Me, a novice. Both of us constantly removing and replacing our glasses as we couldn't see player numbers, who scored how many points, how many fingers the ref was holding up, which buttons to push on the score box or iPad....

Such an hilarious time.  And I enjoyed the irony of my upds not being there.

Such fun.  But stressful trying to get it right.  I'll be glad not to do it again.  I'm happy to leave it to my upds!! Just as they demanded....

AOD

square

I smiled reading that!

My H cannot handle stress and what you described would have been a disaster for him. It gives me a good feeling seeing people roll with it, and even more so to find any humor or joy in it!

Associate of Daniel

Square, you've reminded me:  My UNPD exH gets stressed just at filling out his name and phone number on a form.  So why he demanded he do the scoring at the games is beyond me.  Probably so he could look the better, more involved parent than me?

Ah, but is UNPD wife has to have attention and adulation.  So she probably did the bulk of the scoring before she took on the more public roles of team manager and coach....

Either way, I didn't notice when/if either of them did the scoring.

I was too busy enjoying watching my boy play the game...

The irony.

AOD

athene1399

I think it's great being able to laugh about the irony here. It's sounds like unpd xh made such a big deal about wanting to score and now is not around during the game. At all.