Live Long and Prosper

Started by Extraterrestrial, November 15, 2021, 06:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Extraterrestrial

Hola, todes; it's been recommended to me that I find a support group, and for me the only way to manage that right now is joining one online.

I'm a non-binary, AC of a BPD woman (I refuse to refer to her as a 'mother' given her absolute failings in that area to me and both of my brothers). I'm in my late-30s, and just now learning about all of this.

On the one hand, it's extremely frustrating because I feel like I might've lost less time if I'd learnt of all this earlier, but on the other hand, it's been quite a relief to gain some level of understanding about my childhood trauma, my family, and my current struggles.

I went NC a couple of years ago, and since doing so I've discovered more about who I am than during the entire three and a half preceding decades of my life combined! I've been misdiagnosed with everything from ADHD to Social Phobia to Avoidant PD, but recently got a proper C-PTSD diagnosis that led me (through a semi-chaotic and somewhat accidental process of discovery) here.

I'm not new to therapy or self-work, but as I'm sure many of you can imagine, I am new to the group aspect of all of this. I've avoided it for awhile now, and now that I properly understand why, I'm here to claw my way out of the abyss of fear, fight/flight inducing flashbacks, and phobias that have ruled my life for far too long already.

So ... uh ... Yes. That's me? Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!  :wave:

bloomie

Hi Extraterrestrial. Welcome to Out of the FOG. :wave:

I relate to that sense that we have wasted time spinning before the lightbulbs began to light up the level of dysfunction and toxicity we have been subjected to in our FOOs. I have come to believe, having been on this healing path for a bit now, that we understand and move forward when we are ready.

How good that you have begun to surround yourself with a support system. Both in real life, and now reaching out here. This is a community of fellow travelers who will encourage you and from which you will gain a great deal of insights as you participate and will offer us your own.

Settle in and look around at the resources and conversations. Join in when you are ready! Again, welcome!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.