Need a little boost

Started by Duck, March 05, 2019, 09:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

Sometimes I think I am so advanced and free from worrying about my family of origin, and then sadness overcomes me. It is hard to be stuck in that place between parents who gaslight you and others who don't understand.

My dad is PD and my mom will never leave him. He is very abusive and my mom will never stop pressuring my sibling and me to play along. I want to be a part of a group who can remind me I'm not crazy.

notrightinthehead

And you have found one! Welcome! This site is a wonderful source of information and support. Check out the TOOLBOX, my personal favourite.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Starboard Song

You can be. This little community has been there. Some of us are still there. We understand, and we know you aren't crazy.

I'm glad you found us, and I hope you benefit from the stories you read here, and -- if you choose -- from the stories you share.

Welcome!
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

GentleSoul

Hello Duck, I am sorry you are in this situation.  It is difficult to stay firm and sane with these disruptions going on.