Break up with HPD DPD BF. Today is first day of NC.

Started by sheilastorm, April 08, 2019, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheilastorm

Hello, New here.  My xbf and I are in our 60's.  Today is the first day of my third try in the last two years of attempting to go NC, and then getting sucked back in.  Hopefully third time is the charm. I'm doing a couple of things different this time that I didn't do before.  One is that I am now very serious about attending Coda (codependency) meetings regularly.  And the other is that I'm posting (here) on a forum, something that I've never done before.  I'm still learning about PD's and codependency.  There was not so much information available when I was younger as there is now.  I thought I knew enough to avoid trouble because of my past relationship experience a few years ago with a narcissist.  But when I met this man who was quiet, gentle, polite and seemed like such a gentleman, I was fooled.  I thought that I was cured and had finally met a decent man.  It took awhile for me to figure out that he was a Dependent PD/Histrionic PD, not to mention also a hoarder with ADHD.  The good thing about this is that being with someone like this is making it strikingly in my face obvious that I have some work to do on myself.  I found the hidden list of his girlfriends that he was keeping on the side and their phone numbers a couple of days ago.  It took me a couple of days to figure out how to navigate going no contact (again).  I appreciate having this forum for support, and welcome anyone who wants to chat.     .....Sheilastorm

Zippydog

Welcome.
I'm glad you found this group. I hope having the information and support found here will make the third time stick! :)

I'm new myself, and I have already found so much useful information. Good luck!

bloomie

Hi and welcome. Glad you found us and yet so sorry for what you are going through that brings you here. Keep working those CODA steps and coming back and sharing here. The information at the drop down menus above is validating and a great help. The conversations taking place on the boards are also a great source of support.

We have a boards dedicated to Working on Us and Separating and Divorcing where you will find others who are working through similar issues as they recover from a break up with a PD person.

See you out there on the boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.