Narcisstic MIL - Feeling Unsafe

Started by Wanderingsoul, June 26, 2019, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderingsoul

Rose, that was so beautifully put! I'm so proud of you for making the right choice. It's not easy when children are involved but we have to do what's best for their future. If their mom is constantly exhausted, mentally drained, sad, beaten down to the point where they are an empty shell of the radiant, happy women their mom once was, what's the point in staying for the children? I have been doing worlds better and it's only been a few weeks. I can't even imagine what I will look like in 2 years fingers crossed. I am so proud of you for staying strong. It takes a lot of strength to realize a PD individual will not change. Not my MIL not my ex-husband who I'm realizing is a narcissist himself. I am so grateful to have left that tag-team Narcissistic duo.

Jeeezzz I literally picture a comic book scene where they're the two evil villains scooping up all the money in big comical sized bags and my son and I are in the corner crying while they're smiling, praying on my good heart and sucking everything the could out of me only to toss me aside when I couldn't bring them more money or feed their narcissistic supply.

I wonder if there is a section here to share success stories after PD people are removed from our lives.

It took this forum and the wonderful people here to get me where I am today mentally. And a great therapist. You guys are truly amazing. I really would have blinked and another 7 years of unhappiness would have passed by had I not known I wasn't the only one dealing with this. I hope each and every one of you get what you're hoping for in life. You all truly deserve it.

Quote from: Rose1 on July 25, 2019, 01:29:00 AM
I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. Its hard to believe whrn this first happens but I found  out I slowly came out of my fog and became the person I always was underneath but had beaten down because of being so focused on sorting out exh's life.

I became more confident, my kids became calmer and I started smiling. Ex tried a come back hoover a couple of years later and there was no way I was going to go back into that slow death. It just takes a while to realise that is what it is. Keep strong.