5 day until holiday and its started

Started by p123, August 15, 2019, 10:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkdrymom

Glad you had a good holiday.  Really you do need to say to him that of he has trouble coping when either you or your brother is away he really needs to re-evaluate his living arrangements.  An adult community might be better. Back it up with a few brochures.  Bet he won't be so interesting in you visiting if you keep pushing that agenda.

p123

Quote from: lkdrymom on September 09, 2019, 06:06:38 AM
Glad you had a good holiday.  Really you do need to say to him that of he has trouble coping when either you or your brother is away he really needs to re-evaluate his living arrangements.  An adult community might be better. Back it up with a few brochures.  Bet he won't be so interesting in you visiting if you keep pushing that agenda.

His idea of any sort of living arrangements like that involve him thinking of a Victorian workhouse where you get sent to die. Not exactly openminded is my Dad!

His idea is he'll live where he wants because everyone can help him because they have to. I get no choice in this of course.

Truth is he doesn't really need ANY help at all. Hes fine. He just thinks he does.

SunnyMeadow

Quote from: p123 on September 09, 2019, 05:16:50 AM
Must admit I am tempted to say to him if he really can't cope alone then he needs to rethink his living arrangements. That'll get him going...

I like this idea! It's the truth and truly, if he needs you to look after him, he needs more professional care.  :yes:

QuoteWell the holiday was nice. It was REALLY nice not to have to deal with him. Is that awful that I missed him like ZERO?

No, it's not awful at all. Part of this vacation was to get away from him, brother and the stress they cause. I'm not surprised you didn't miss him. I'm glad you had a nice holiday and Hurricane Dorian didn't cause you any problems.

p123

Quote from: SunnyMeadow on September 09, 2019, 09:32:26 AM
Quote from: p123 on September 09, 2019, 05:16:50 AM
Must admit I am tempted to say to him if he really can't cope alone then he needs to rethink his living arrangements. That'll get him going...

I like this idea! It's the truth and truly, if he needs you to look after him, he needs more professional care.  :yes:

QuoteWell the holiday was nice. It was REALLY nice not to have to deal with him. Is that awful that I missed him like ZERO?

No, it's not awful at all. Part of this vacation was to get away from him, brother and the stress they cause. I'm not surprised you didn't miss him. I'm glad you had a nice holiday and Hurricane Dorian didn't cause you any problems.

Ha ha - I dream of living thousands of miles away from him!

Yeh but no chance of him agreeing to professional care. Thats my job after all (in his eyes). All he wants is a little help (as he sees it). Truth is he wants to be molly coddled and likes to know he can click his fingers when he wants.

Hurricane was nothing in the end in central Florida at least....