Here Again

Started by Here Again, August 25, 2022, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here Again

I am back here on the Forum and it adds to my emotional burden, thinking I had not successfully learned from first experience on the Forum. I was here in September, 2014, my life in total chaos. I learned that my spouse had paranoid personality disorder and it was not treatable because she did not acknowledge its existence ("you're the one with the problem"). I found great advice and friendship on this site in my time of need. Does anyone stay in contact with Oneness? She was a rock star. My marriage ended in 2015 and it took many years to heal, emotionally and financially.

What went wrong is that I did not do the right "work on me" at the time. I was too convinced that my mentall ill spouse was the source of problems.

So I made the same mistakes. Huge investment in relationship with, you guessed it, another PD. I looked the other way, not fully appreciating red flags.

It's day one of being over. I am done and not going back despite the 87 texts and 32 voice mails.

The pain is intense, I can't believe I am back here in mental anguish.

thank you all of you who are here, welcoming me back.

notrightinthehead

Welcome back! Sometimes we need to make similar mistakes in order to truly learn the lesson.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.