Hello everyone

Started by WhitePoinsettia, December 24, 2022, 11:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePoinsettia

Hi, I'm a 34 year old woman. I'm here because I recently realized the person I had a relationship with may very well be affected by NPD.
I am at very low point in my psychic health right now. I hope I can share my story without being judged because I agreed to do very degrading things for this person. I tried to share on other forums but did not get too much besides "It is your fault" and "You knew who he was, why didn't you leave sooner?".
I wish the best for us all.

Gwendolyn

Hello whitepoinsettia

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

Beginning to recognize that the treatment we have received from personality disordered loved ones is not healthy for us...is HUGE.

We all ended up here for different reasons and yet we share a common desire to have healthier relationships and to stop suffering with no end or hope in sight.

In many ways today is the most important day in your life.. you've decided you want to make a change and stop beating yourself up for things that have degraded you in your current relationship .

With understanding can come some clarity and you'll find out just how strong you are.  You are not alone and shame has been used on many of us to "keep us in line" by those who claim to love us but sometimes just don't want to lose us for their own selfish reasons.

It's a lot to process.  Be sure and read the Toolbox and learn more about FOG  and personality disorders.  Also be safe and if you have fear of physical harm be careful with your browsing history and start working on a safety plan. 

You reached out and are being honest with yourself about the situation... that's the beginning and we all started somewhere. 

Keep coming back and know you are not alone on this path of self awareness and discovery.   You are a valuable soul in this world and we all need you to become your best self..no matter what.

:bighug:

Keep in touch WP

WhitePoinsettia

Thank you! Your words have made me feel safe and welcome.