Finally joining this community!

Started by Chickadee123, August 27, 2023, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickadee123

Hello! I'm a single mom in my late 30's. I heard about this community several years ago, but I'm finally joining now. My father is a likely NPD. My 3 siblings and I all have PTSD. I married someone similar to my dad, with behavior in line with NPD and Antisocial PD. I divorced him over 5 years ago.

I've been doing therapy and other healing work for several years now--DBT, EMDR, trauma therapy, mindfulness, yoga, etc. I haven't had a long-term relationship since my divorce, and the short-term dating I have attempted has been traumatic as well. I took a long break from dating and felt MUCH better as a single person, but part of me is wanting a long-term romantic relationship that's healthy and fulfilling. So I'm joining this community, finally, for support with struggles related to moving on and finding healthy relationships.

Cheers, everyone!

bloomie

Hi Chickadee123! Love your forum handle!!

Welcome to Out of the FOG! I am so glad you have officially joined the community. It is mighty impressive the work you have already done to heal and grow!

A great couple of jumping in places might be our Working on Us board and Separating and Divorcing, but there are great insights and conversations taking place all over the boards.

I look forward to supporting you in this next phase of your recovery!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.