I can't say anything!

Started by 11JB68, January 15, 2021, 11:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

There were so many things this week that really annoyed our bothered me that I totally mc'd.
Finally today I came home annoyed and my face gave me away.
Updh insisted I tell him what was wrong. I did. Ugh. He was so upset. I got a long lecture about how I shouldn't be annoyed about this and how he had such a bad day etc etc.
Finally stopped to have dinner. This is his pattern, he perseverates, so after dinner he had to go at it again. At one point he finally for a minute GOT IT. In one brief sentence he verbalized exactly why I was annoyed: two adult men in the house, me at work, her had ds text me to notify the power co that the power was out at the house.
YES. THAT. You are teaching your 23 yo son to call mom if the power is out?? When mom is at work... :sadno:
Ugh. But then back to how hard his day was.
Oh, and I had gotten myself some I've cream but lost my appetite for it during his lecture, then he INSISTED/MADE ME eat it. WHAT?? :stars:

ChillNow

Dear 11JB68,

The fact that you ate something that you did not want to eat (due to something your husband said) should be a wake-up call.  You are in charge of your own life.  He is not – even if/when he t-h-i-n-k-s that he is.

Matteblak

Quote from: ChillNow on January 17, 2021, 11:44:38 PM
Dear 11JB68,

The fact that you ate something that you did not want to eat (due to something your husband said) should be a wake-up call.  You are in charge of your own life.  He is not – even if/when he t-h-i-n-k-s that he is.

Thank you for saying this. more and more often, I find myself saying during an argument  "I am a real person, I am allowed to have an independent thought." Just saying it out loud is empowering in the midst of the garbage storm.

TooLiteral

I have to say that too. And don't forget that having those thoughts does not mean you are ATTACKING HIM even though he treats you like it is. Even when you disagree with something he did! ❤