Wants everything for free

Started by Danie, September 13, 2019, 04:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danie

My UBPD, NM called my last night right when the democratic debate was starting. (I wanted to watch it) I always wonder, is her voice is going to be the "waif" voice :(, the "hermit" voice"  8-) or the "paranoid" voice :'(. Well, it was the "victim" voice :no:. To me, it is the worst sound in the world......heard it for 63 years. Whiny, not high pitched, but like a small child. She never starts out with the "witch" :evil2: voice. I guess it's not manipulative enough.
Her problem? The county took away more of her SNAP benefits. (food stamp money). They've done some investigating, asked her for financial information recently, and determined shes entitled to only $23.00 a month for food. 

She doesn't understand. She takes it personally! She thinks it's our president. She uses his name and asks why he's taking more away from her.

She has a new car with only $7,000.00 miles on it and she paid cash for it (stole our inheritances). Her house is paid off, she has100% free health care and doesn't pay a penny- (military benefits)  She told me she has 5 bank accounts, I believe it. She barely ever worked and dropped out of 10th grade. She is so distraught over this and I think she is afraid of starving or something. She thinks it is wrong and asked me "why"? Why would they do this to her??

I tried to explain to her that they've probably calculated she doesn't really need it. It went from $75.00 per month to $53.00 now to $23.00. She complains that food is so expensive.

This is how she is. Just doesn't get it, doesn't "get" a lot of things. Out of touch with reality. I wonder if she is really intellectually disabled and just slipped through the cracks. Nobody alerted, to my knowledge, when she had 3 kids by age 18 and another at 23. Nobody has ever concluded she has a very low IQ. Is this what narcissism looks like? I don't know. To me it seems so obvious that if you have all that she does why would she get food stamps and food for free?

Poison Ivy

Maybe she's just selfish.  My ex-husband's dad had plenty of money but thought he shouldn't have to pay for any care for himself or his wife.  He thought that because he pays taxes and had paid into Social Security, everything should be free.

p123

Quote from: Poison Ivy on September 13, 2019, 05:49:32 PM
Maybe she's just selfish.  My ex-husband's dad had plenty of money but thought he shouldn't have to pay for any care for himself or his wife.  He thought that because he pays taxes and had paid into Social Security, everything should be free.

Not from the UK are you? My Dad is like that.....

notrightinthehead

Danie,  have you tried - instead of explaining - something along the lines "that's horrible mum. I wonder why they (he) does that. I am so sorry. Anything else? Bye then."
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

AD

I knew a narc who insisted on getting everything for free, and I think it was just a sense of entitlement, being cheap, and also enjoying the sense that he manipulated others into doing things for him. Some of this could be at play?

I know reasoning does not work, but what does she say if you ask her if she can use the money in the bank to pay for food?

p123

Quote from: AD on September 14, 2019, 05:11:15 AM
I knew a narc who insisted on getting everything for free, and I think it was just a sense of entitlement, being cheap, and also enjoying the sense that he manipulated others into doing things for him. Some of this could be at play?

I know reasoning does not work, but what does she say if you ask her if she can use the money in the bank to pay for food?

My Dad refuses to pay £2-£3 for home grocery delivery because its a "waste of money". So expects me to drive 40 mile + round trip instead - and two hours of my time.