Flying monkey aunt resurfaces

Started by Adria, May 06, 2020, 09:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adria

My aunt, whom I've deemed a flying monkey and have cut off ties with her for the past couple of years has been blowing up my phone again. So, I decided to pick up.  She called crying and said she wanted to make peace with me before she dies. Sounds like she and her family have been through much since we last talked a couple years ago.  She didn't sound good and sounded quite humbled.

She was carrying on, so I listened for awhile and then things started coming up.  I finally said, how do you think it feels to have to read about everyone you love passing in the obituaries?  I told her she was the only contact I had, and when I needed to be told of my son's hospitalization, my mother's death, my aunt's death, she disappeared.  She stated that she told my father to tell me these things. I told her that she knew my family didn't talk to me, and she was my only source. That obviously if I meant as much to her as she said I did, that she would have called.

She apologized and asked for my forgiveness. We had the same conversation years ago, and nothing changed afterwards. Both times, I said, of course, I forgive you. 

The difference this time is, she acknowledge that I lived a hellish life because of my family. She actually, said, "I hope in heaven, God has a special place for you, because you have lived hell on earth." Whaaat?  This aunt has blamed me for everything that went wrong always trying to get me to fix it.  She sounded quite broken and regretful.  Anyway, I was glad to be able to finally have the conversation with her that I've had in my head for years. I never thought she was malicious, just misguided by smear campaigns and manipulation.  I feel like I got some closure, and have made peace.

So far this year has been interesting, seems like there may be some winds of change.
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.

bloomie

Adria - this sounds like a conversation that brought some relief to your heart and some healing. I am thankful you and your Aunt are able to find a place of forgiveness and hopefully peace between you. Ime this kind of recognition of the suffering and pain you have endured is rare and I imagine it is needed and deserved validation. :hug:
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Adria

Thank you so much Bloomie.

Yes, the conversation brought much relief to my heart and much healing.

Quotethis kind of recognition of the suffering and pain you have endured is rare and I imagine it is needed and deserved validation.

I am so grateful to God for this. I know you get it. Hugs, Adria

For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.