Just escaped from crazed stalking land lady / room mate

Started by JollyJazz, December 20, 2020, 05:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyJazz

Oh my goodness, so much has happened in the past week. I've been processing it and I finally feel ready to post here.

Okay, so I have been in a new town for a few months and I was in a bit of a rush to find a new place. I ended up settling on one that I wasn't sure about out of slight desperation.

Anyway, it seemed okay at first, but something started to feel *off. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I just didn't really like being around my landlady /room mate (let's call her Agatha) and just started hiding in my room. I started being our of town / hiking or visiting my hometown EVERY weekend. I just noticed how much better I felt and how much I relaxed when I wasn't there.

My roommate / landlady is in her 50's but is like a party animal teenager, and I'm pretty sure has a drinking problem. She came in one time with her eyes all crazy and had blood on her knee. She also goes to raves and takes drugs and one time brought this incredibly shady guy home from a bar. I just found that there was something really off about my landlady, dark and like it was sucking out my energy. Anyway, I decided I had to get out and I was starting to look for places. Some weird things happened like I unexpectedly met my landlady outside my work, some clothes went missing and sometimes I felt like I was being watched in the house.

Anyway, so the landlady very recently got another flatmate let's call her Gillian. I spent most of my time hiding in my room as usual. Anyway, I was feeling particularly lonely and out of sorts one day and I got home and Agatha was away and Gillian and I got talking and laughing about how the place was so creepy and we wanted to leave. My plan for summer was to take a month away from the city, working remotely and hiking part of the time. So I decided to pack up quickly, put things in storage and Gillian agreed to go me.

The next day I was chatting in the living room and eating dinner with Gillian when Agatha got home. I found my whole stomach calmed up, I felt sick and I had trouble eating around her. Them I ran off to my room (as usual) 😂
Gillian said she thought Agatha might have a crush on me, which was a shock - I avoided Agatha like the plague and I am definitely not gay, I've got no idea why she would target me!!! But I guess subconsciously my mind knew something was very wrong (I'm not talking a healthy crush here of course). And that I had to get the heck out of there!!!

Anyway, we secretly packed up very quickly in the past few days. Gillian also said she would help, so I took off! I boarded a ferry with my car for my adventure and sent a text to my landlady saying I was leaving. Anyway, like something out of a horror movie, Agatha rushed down to the ferry terminal (I found out because she texted Gillian to ask where I was, and she (Agatha) had known I was taking the ferry). Anyway, I was so freaked out by this I burst into tears. Agatha also tried to add he on social media (I blocked her) and sent me creepy messages telling me she had feelings for me. Anyway, I am now safety a very long distance away, but I'm still recovering.

I'm glad to have made a good friend in Gillian though, (who is also quietly making preparations to leave!) 😊

So anyway, I just wanted to share that full on story, and a literal example of trusting your gut!!!!

Thru the Rain

Whoa! This sounds like the plot to a very scary movie!

I'm glad you are away!

JollyJazz

Hi Thru the rain,

Thank you!!! I really appreciate the support ☺️
It's absolutely crazy/ horror movie stuff, I agree!! 😦

I was in tears and shaking when I got on the ferry and found out that the stalker lady was heading to the ferry terminal to try and find me. I told one of the ferry officials about it and she was good about it, but also said it sounded like 'single white female's 😳

I'm just worried for my friend/previous flatmate. She's about to leave, but it's scary thinking she's in a flat with someone so unstable... she's been giving me updates, apparently the stalker lady talks about me all the time, and has now taken to sleeping in my (old) room 😳

I've been so shaken but I'm recovering now ☺️ thanks for the support.

Adria

Wow, Jollyjazz,

What a trip!  Like Thru the Rain says, sounds like a creep show.  Good thing you listened to your intuition and got the heck out. Sounds like this chick moves fast!!! I'm glad you are okay. :stars:
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.

JollyJazz

Hi Adria,

Thanks for your support!!! ☺️
I'm just so glad to get out of that place, I'm still processing what has happened! Sometimes it seems funny and really scary at other moments.

My friend Gillian is just about to move out too, 😌 I'll just be so glad when she is out and safe!!!

It's surreal, like something in a horror movie, and just very scary to think someone could be so deluded! Anyway, I'm trying to process everything and get cherry again! ☺️☺️

IRedW77

That sounds awful! So glad you got out ok.

It will make for a great anecdote someday when it stops being scary.

Always trust your instincts with people would be my advice.

I think we may have certain blind spots with our personal PD's, but otherwise growing up with them actually gave us an enhanced ability to read people.

I still get blocked by my own insecurities and self-doubt, but if I listen to myself I'm usually right.

Lastly, Agatha is a perfect name to assign to the character you described.

JollyJazz

Hi IRedW77,

Thanks for your support!!! ☺️

Yes you are right about it being a good story. My friend Gillian and I have been joking about it non stop. It is still a bit scary but it helps a LOT to laugh about it 😂😂

Yes I'm glad I trusted my instincts on moving out. I actually originally turned it down but another 'friend' let's call her Cynthia vaguely know Agatha (crazy stalker) and kind of pressured me to stay and I was a bit desperate for a place 😱😳 I'm also cutting ties with Cynthia soon... I'll post that story when I've processed some more!!!

QuoteLastly, Agatha is a perfect name to assign to the character you described.
Lol! Yes she really is a strange strange person. I'm incredibly relieved to be away from that crazy place!!! 😦 It's hard to describe but I felt like she had this dark energy, and it was like a black hole. I found it draining to be around her... Eek!

Anyway, I'm far far away now!!! Phew!!! Lol 😂

JollyJazz

*Edit/update: I contacted the police about this and they filed a report and we're supportive. Hopefully the behavior stops, but I'm prepared for the next stages if anything happens ☺️

ShyTurtle

Quote from: JollyJazz on December 20, 2020, 05:56:07 PM
Gillian said she thought Agatha might have a crush on me, which was a shock - I avoided Agatha like the plague and I am definitely not gay, I've got no idea why she would target me!!!

Oh my goodness! My long time friend came to visit me at my house and my housemate/landlady gave her the creeps and she said she was getting a very jealous vibe off of her! She said the same thing about her crushing on me but also that maybe she didn't even know she was gay yet. I don't know what went on for real, but I will say that there was definitely a weird I-want-to-be-your-bff vibe coming off her....like obsession.

I too am on my way out of here. After she felt rejected by my creating more distance between us (hiding in my room, spending more time with my less creepy friends)  she became very, very angry, nitpicky, and passive aggressive. It's toxic living in this house now and I can't wait to move in a few weeks!

Btw, I am so happy for you and your new found freedom!
🐝➕

JollyJazz

Hi Shyturtle,
I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through something similar!
Yes, I'm delighted to be out of there!
Wow, it's similar about the possessive, creepy vibe. It's not like a healthy crush (male or female) it's more like it's deciding someone is their property...
I've also had some drama with a (former) friend... the person who suggested that I stay there in the first place. She has minimised it, and completely lost it when I drew a boundary around not spreading confidences to others. I've had to block this former 'friend' who I believe may be BPD... urrgh... it's been a stressful time!!!

So if I might, a word of advice about who you tell, not everyone is supportive or will believe you, as maddening as it may be, it's bad enough to have to live through, to move, telling the wrong person just makes it worse! But anyway, thanks for your support 😊 I'm so sorry that you are also going through this, my best wishes and I'm sure you will feel great when you are out and free! 😊🕊️

ShyTurtle

JollyJazz, I will heed your advice on who I speak to about this. I suspect that the housemate has already started a smear campaign on facebook against me because I can't see her posts anymore. (Here I go through this rodeo again...)

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement! I'm rooting for peace for you too!
🐝➕