I'm baaaack

Started by afro-pope, May 22, 2023, 06:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afro-pope

Howdy y'all.

I feel fairly confident that I was on here about ten years ago after getting out of a brief thing with a woman who had Histrionic PD, but I've long since lost all of my login information and other such things.

Most recently, I ended a relationship with a person who had been diagnosed with bipolar, anxiety, and was on the autism spectrum, as well as having had a severe TBI, and as the relationship went on - largely after we moved in together - I began to suspect Borderline PD as well. I finally found a few case studies of people with comorbid borderline/bipolar, and it was like reading my own life. I finally booted them after learning about a lot of truly abhorrent, unforgivable behavior during the year or so we were together that ramped up into physical and emotional abuse after they moved in.

I'm in a good place mentally, I recognize what happened for what it was, but sometimes I just need to vent and talk to people, and regretfully everywhere else online that's devoted to the issue of "supporting people in any sort of relationship with someone with a personality disorder" seems to have devolved hopelessly into the fantastical and the hateful, with endless threads like "do you believe these people can feel empathy?" and "can they read minds?"

I'm still trying to make sense of everything that happened to me, having only read a few stories like mine, so I may dig in a little more.

Happy to be here regardless, though - as I suspect most of us are - not exactly thrilled that I have to be.

Cheers.

NarcKiddo

Hello, and welcome.

I'm sure the people on here have changed a little since you were last here but I have found them all to be supportive and helpful. I'm sure you will too.
Don't let the narcs get you down!

bloomie

afro-pope - welcome back! I am thankful you are reaching out for support, yet sorry for what brings you back.

Seems like you have already come through the recognizing phase and are in the healing and processing your experiences part. Looking forward to seeing you out there on the forum boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

afro-pope

Thanks y'all.

I'd been managing pretty well, keeping no contact for all but administrative purposes (ex: their tax refund came to my address since they used to live with me, and I brought it over to them since they now live a block from my brother, who I was going to lunch with that same day), ignoring a 1:45am "I miss you" text last week, but today I am really struggling after swiping past their newly-created Bumble profile where they say they're looking for a "long term monogamous relationship based on mutual respect, passionate sex, and, above all, open and honest communication."

I had to excuse myself from my desk at work to vomit.

afro-pope

Quote from: user on May 23, 2023, 05:41:26 PM
Quotenewly-created Bumble profile where they say they're looking for a "long term monogamous relationship based on mutual respect, passionate sex, and, above all, open and honest communication."

Wow, just wow. That's rich. I could see my uPDw doing the same thing someday.

Welcome back! Glad to have you here again.

The context here is that we were in a non-monogamous/open relationship that they torpedoed by lying and cheating, constantly, including after we moved in together.