Jealous I've had covid

Started by Writingthepain, September 01, 2021, 10:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyMeadow

Quote from: Leonor on October 13, 2021, 01:25:41 AM
And yes, everything is a competition with pd folks. My hpd mom competed with me about trauma. When I told her I was in therapy and had been diagnosed with PTSD, she declared to me the *she* had secondary PTSD, and found the bestest therapist in her area to treat her. Secondary PTSD from my PTSD, brought about by her abuse of me! Luckily, the bestest therapist was that for a reason, and diagnosed her with histrionic personality disorder instead (she fired him soon afterwards) :tongue2

:uuuuhhh:  just when I thought I'd heard everything!  :doh:

I had a laugh that she fired the bestest therapist after he diagnosed her. I'll bet there are a huge number of therapists fired by PD people. My mom had two of them.

JollyJazz

And yes, everything is a competition with pd folks. My hpd mom competed with me about trauma. When I told her I was in therapy and had been diagnosed with PTSD, she declared to me the *she* had secondary PTSD, and found the bestest therapist in her area to treat her. Secondary PTSD from my PTSD, brought about by her abuse of me! Luckily, the bestest therapist was that for a reason, and diagnosed her with histrionic personality disorder instead (she fired him soon afterwards) :tongue2:

:dramaqueen:

Lol! This is hilarious! At least we've figured out a way to get them into therapy! Or at least get them diagnosed!!

:rofl:

Call Me Cordelia

That is amazing. Secondary PTSD indeed. That's called facing the consequences of one's own actions.

JollyJazz

Imagine trying to keep a straight face when someone claims they have PTSD due to the abuse they've meted out to their child  :stars:

sandpiper

Leonor - I might start a thread about that because I had a very similar response from FOO when my T suggested I share my PTSD diagnosis.
And I suspect it's a very common theme. The common denominator here is that they have to make it all about them & minimise our experience.
The great thing about these threads is that they always make me feel better by reminding me that I'm not alone.
Covid is awful & to have a mother who can't acknowledge that & who has to centre the attention back on herself...argh. Feeling for you.   :bighug: