Introduction & About Me

Started by solessa, April 21, 2024, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solessa

Hello all

About 5 months ago I got to leave the house I was in with my BPD mother and narcissist brother. I am coping with not just escaping the situation, but continuing my education, a brand new life, and also with the idea that I want to go NC.
I am unsure of how to deal with this... but I do want to go NC. I keep minimal contact with her, and have begun slowly blocking her from sites or apps in which she can reach me or look me up on. She has a tendency of looking through sites and apps at people's lives, and I'm scared she'll do the same with me.

I've been looking through this forum for about a year now but was too anxious to talk in it as I felt trapped with her. Now that I am in control of my life, I feel strong enough to tell my story.

notrightinthehead

Welcome! You can do the NC slowly as you are doing now. And there is no need to ever tell them. Just slowly, gently fade them out of your life.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Rebel13

I'm glad you are here! As you probably already know, there are lots of stories, insights, tips and tools here for NC and lots of other things we encounter. I'm glad you are out of your family's home and hope you are doing well in your new life!
"Sometimes you gotta choose what's safest and least painful for you and let other people tell the stories that they need to tell about why you did it." ~ Captain Awkward

clarityjane

Good for you, Solessa. Welcome!