Working on Jealousy

Started by sunshine702, August 28, 2022, 07:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine702

My mom's Narc Source is Granddaughter H.  I have known it for decades.  At first I just thought it was just the Grandma Gaga. We have all seen it but this was different
As other Grandkids came along NONE get treated like H. And still do.

In my 20's it really upset me.  I would call for life advice on big adult stuff - buying a house and all she would talk about is H. How wonderful she was.   It hurt.  I was jealous and had to figure things out in my own and did.  Kinda to the point where I do not need them anymore.  The Grey Rock is easier and easier.

She called today to tell me she is flying H a state away for dental work.  H and her friend wrecked on a scooter and chipped her front teeth.  So savior mom is flying her in - she likes and trusts their dentist.

I am trying to work on my reaction.  I half listened.  While coloring my hair.  Oh that's nice.   And I sort of half' feel that.  Half of me is honestly happy for her.  The other half knows that If I chipped my tooth in NYC when I was 21 I would have had to figure it out.  Calling dentists on my own.  Trying to figure out a payment plan.  I could not have a rescue.

notrightinthehead

How painful to have confirmed once more that you are the invisible child and H is the golden child. So glad to read that you grey rocked it. Wishing you people in your life who truly appreciate and love you.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

NarcKiddo

I deal with that by reflecting on the price of the thing I might be jealous of. By and large it is not a price I will pay. So my uNPD mother is welcome to shower her money on my sister, or whoever, because "he who pays the piper, calls the tune". And my mother certainly knows how to call the tune. It's not a tune I am prepared to play, these days.

Hugs to you.
Don't let the narcs get you down!