Breaking Away

Started by Invisiblewoman, May 06, 2024, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invisiblewoman

I started meeting people and finding people who are similar to me in experiences. I feel like it is easy for me to become more isolated. I am considering moving away from my FOO just so I can feel less restricted on where I go, and don't have to feel like my progress might be hijacked by them.

I feel like I am trying to break down the wall of social anxiety and pain that was caused to me over the years.

Starboard Song

I think that's smart. Making a change often means a change in environment. I know a young woman right now, just graduating college, looking for work far out of state so she can get a fresh start away from not only her parents but even some of her friend group.

It sounds like you are doing it right.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

sunshine702

I have lived lots of places.  Do it!  It's hard at first (the not knowing part) but that comes quickly and is such a fun challenge.  Like travel it makes you a better person I think