New chapter, no idea if it's good or bad

Started by OddFamily, September 23, 2023, 08:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddFamily

I haven't posted much since the storms hit, mainly because I'm testing for certification next week and studying takes priority.
I didn't pick up all the slack, but the remediation and emergency repair is done, now the house needs to be rebuilt, contractor and insurance are going back and forth about that.

She had another stroke late last week, but refused to go to the hospital. She was over-ruled and taken. While there, she developed an unrelated infection that progressed into sepsis, but she survived it somehow. We got the you'd better come call from the hospital, but she survived. 

However she's not the same mentally. Cognitively, she's completely shot. She mixed up me and my mom, which even though she had been having memory problems prior never to that extent. And she's just not the same, it's really hard to articulate what or why, but I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

So the plan is that she'll move to home hospice to balance what she wants quality of life wise with the increased care requirements and additional logistical support for my mom. Taking her anywhere had been getting harder and harder, so now rather than mom having to take her to the doctor, the doctor comes to her.

Dragonfly

No idea if it's good or bad- its probably both or neither - it just is. It's sad. Praying you and your family find peace at this time.  Take care of yourself too.