Remembered something and never thought of it in context

Started by Jsinjin, May 02, 2019, 01:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

I had a terrible day several years ago     I can't remember when but there was a ticket for it.    My undiagnosed ocpd wife had agreed with stress to go to a Saturday morning breakfast taco place.   We we're going to talk and I needed the time.    We ordered at the counter and waited for food and she was on the phone.   Not just a bit but continuously.    There was no time at all and not one thought or conversation could be had.    It was something political and was related to someone we knew but I didn't care.    After 15 min and our food being served I got up and said I was leaving and wanted to eat at home.   She got angry.   Very angry.    She started off with a "fine, we will just go, it was (insert name) and he had a question about bond such and such... " And I said I want to go home because I came here to talk to you, let's just go home.    She got in the minivan and was seething.    She began to drive screaming at me and hit over 90 mph.    You could see her yelling and waving her hands.    I began asking to let me out, let me out now     about this time a cop pulled us over.   The police itnwrrogated me for about 15 min and us both separately     she didn't tell them I was hurting her or that she was abused which was and is true.   The police were concerned most about that and logged the case.    She was given a ticket.   She came home sobbing and saying as usual that it's all her fault.

I started thinking about this a few minutes ago because I took my daughter to that same place for lunch.   

Was this abuse?    Was my covering for her and constantly trying to smooth this kind of behavior over abuse she was putting on me and I didn't understand that this type of behavior was not normal?
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

coyote

Jsinjin,
"Was this abuse?    Was my covering for her and constantly trying to smooth this kind of behavior over abuse she was putting on me and I didn't understand that this type of behavior was not normal?"

Usually if we can ask the question we already have the answer. Believe me I've been in the same place and asked the same question.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been. -Marcus Aurelius