It's Over

Started by JustKeepTrying, September 29, 2021, 06:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKeepTrying

Today we signed the papers to sell the house.  The painters finished up and I cleaned it all again.  Looked great.  Of course, my OCPDxh had to sweep the driveway again after seeing me sweep it. Sigh.

But after today, I never have to see him again.  Maybe at a wedding or funeral but that's it.  Never again.  Future communication will be only over text and email and that is that.

It was weird. We argued on Saturday.  He was so kind when my friend was there helping but as soon as she left he changed.  And then tonight with the realtor, he was great.  No disordered thinking and we were like that couple who could cooperate and work together.  For a moment, just a moment, I had the thought that if he was like this all the time, I would have stayed.  Why oh why couldn't he be like that always.

Then she left and he changed.  Just like that, a switch flipped.  I asked him to take a package that our DD had told me to give to him.  To store.  And he flipped out in anger.  Split-second tantrum.  And I was reminded all over of those split-second mood changes.  I could feel again his knuckle brushing against my nose as he hit the wall - it was a flashback but I was startled at how vivid it felt.

On Saturday when the three of us were clearing and cleaning the last of the debris, the longer the day went the more I cowered.  The more I gave in and just walked away from all his quirks like repacking the garbage bags.  I know in my heart that if she hadn't been there we would never have cleaned it.  I couldn't have stood up to his weird requests and behavior.  I would have caved and then the seizures would have started and I would be back all over again.

But now, as I drove back to my place, I could feel my heart and soul soaring.  I felt so free.  Finally, the last financial ties are severed and I will be free of him for good.  I don't have to see him ever again and I can start living again.  I feel like I can breathe again.

I am finally free.  32 years of marriage.  Ready to start over.

Poison Ivy

Thank you for sharing this good news.

Aeon

I'm so very happy for you.
Stories like this are really good to hear.  :jumping:   :cheers:

SonofThunder

A big congrats to you on your steady victory and best wishes for you as you set sail on a new-you journey!

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Hazy111

Dont wish to rain on your good news, but for him it may never be over, as hes suffered a major narcissistic injury if he is a narcissist .

If he can garner new supply from a new partner or someone and move on , that will be really good for you.   

If he doesnt  he might still find ways to extract it from you.  He can still text or email you.  I would try to get as close to NC as possible. Forewarned is forearmed and so be aware what hes up to if it happens.

Hopefully it wont come to that and i wish you all the best for the future.  :applause: