Transactional analysis videos

Started by doglady, May 14, 2020, 04:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doglady

I found this video on Transactional Analysis informative and very helpful. There are also Parts 2 and 3 which expand on the concept. I've read a little in the past on the TA concept but since coming more Out of the FOG I can now very much identify with the concepts of the Parent-Adult-Child states - both how I start a transaction and how I respond - and I was nodding furiously when recognising some of my own 'gimmicks' that I use when engaged in 'playing games' with others. Eg. Always needing to be or be seen as reasonable (aka unflappable) even when I might be seething inside.

https://youtu.be/nKNyFSLJy6o (part 1)

I'd be really interested to see what other members think.

PeanutButter

doglady, thanks. Im always looking for more tips for my arsenal.

I like the foundation of the theory that when your stuck repeating a destructive pattern with someone it is your state of mind NOT their behavior that is keeping it going.

The theory seems complimentary/helpful to focusing on ourselves, our thoughts, and our emotions in order to move forward in a healthier way within a problematic relationship or moving on from one.

The ADULT state seems to keep us 'present' in the moment.(ideal but takes concious effort)

The CHILD and PARENT modes seems to coinside with our default (unconscious) emotionally reactive states.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle